Carb Countdown milk

RoxanneF
on 5/12/05 10:42 pm - Baltimore, MD
Everyone, please email Hood-Carb Countown milk company. I think they are discontinuing their whole milk and it is the only low carb milk I can find that is low carb, high protein, and enough fat you can use it in coffee. Their chocolate, skim and lowfat milk just doesn't work in coffee. Half n half is just too much fat and calories. Several stores here, Giant, Superfresh, Mars, Safeway, no long have it and I looked on Hood's website and they are not showing it with their other milks. Please email them and request they don't discontinue it. http://www.hphood.com/info/contact.prodExperience.asp I don't know of any other high protein, low carb whole milk out there. At least none the stores here around Baltimore carry. THANKS, Roxanne 307/200/140
vicky3
on 5/13/05 10:58 am - Anytown, MD
There are several brands of FAT FREE half 'n half now that I actually enjoy. If you haven't tried it, it might be worth your giving it a shot. Here is the skinny on it: (http://www.) calorieking.com/foods/food.php?category_id=13231&brand_id=1&food_id=68335&partner= Be sure to change the serving size. I get mine at Safeway and Superfresh most of the time, but I'm sure Giant and other stores have it.
RoxanneF
on 5/14/05 12:59 pm - Baltimore, MD
Thanks for the info. That Calorie King site is pretty cool. But I compared the fat free half n half to the regular whole milk to use in my coffee and it wouldn't work for me because the half n half has 24 carbs as compared to only 10 carbs for whole milk. It also has more calories. I'm really trying to keep down carbs, and also fat somewhat. Maybe I'll try mixing the fat free half and half with half of the Carb countdown 1% milk. That way I would get more protein because the Carb countdown has added protein. I guess I'll figure something out. Thanks anyway.
vicky3
on 5/15/05 12:25 am - Anytown, MD
That's why you need to rescale the serving size... The stats you see initially are for an entire cup. If you rescale it down to 1 Tbsp., it is only 10 calories and 1.5g carbs. I only use a Tbsp. or two.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Therapist Recommendations?
marshmallowstar · 0 replies · 1839 views
Revisions
sauniee · 0 replies · 2790 views
Support
Lalaredd · 3 replies · 4005 views