Need a Psyc Eval

stacibb
on 5/13/05 6:04 am
Does anyone know where I can get a psyc eval done. All the doctors I called will not do it for a one time event.
KDuncan
on 5/13/05 6:09 am - Dundalk, MD
Have you tried Bayview?
stacibb
on 5/13/05 6:11 am
Any particular docotor there
pkitty
on 5/13/05 6:57 am - Silver Spring, MD
If you've chosen a surgeon, ask the office for a list of recommended mental health professionals. Surgeons and hospital programs all have their own ideas of what constitutes a psych evaluation, and you should have it done the way your surgeon wants it. In my case, I went via a hospital's bariatric program (Washington Adventist in Takoma Park), and they had their own mental health professionals to do the evaluations.
stayceX
on 5/13/05 8:51 am - Baltimore, MD
Hi Staci - I emailed you. Baltimore Counseling Center - Dr. William Geiger. I have BC/BS Carefirst and he was covered at 100%. He is also use to doing the one time WLS evals.
future former fat chick
on 5/17/05 12:01 am - Baltimore, MD
Also, Dr. Franklin at Sheppard Pratt Hospital does quite a few one-time WLS evaluations. He costs $250.
Amber H.
on 5/24/05 8:59 pm - Baltimore, MD
My psychiatrist was being a real pill about it and I was afraid he wouldn't do the psych. evaluation (I've decided to stop seeing him)....so, I took matters into my own hands and made an apt. with the Glen Burnie Psych. Associates. They are very familiar with obesity surgery and the required psych evaluations. You can look them up by googling them. Hope that helps! Amber
stacibb
on 5/24/05 10:33 pm
Thank you for your response. I did get my eval, last week, I just forgot to post it. All went fine and I am on my way, one step closer
Most Active
Recent Topics
Therapist Recommendations?
marshmallowstar · 0 replies · 1839 views
Revisions
sauniee · 0 replies · 2790 views
Support
Lalaredd · 3 replies · 4005 views