Magic Bullet...

vicky3
on 5/14/05 12:20 pm - Anytown, MD
Is this the Magic Bullet I keep hearing the post-ops talk about? (http://www)brylanehome.com/brylanehome/product/product.asp?catalog%5Fid=1594%2D54079%2D925&blue%5Fbox=953999905&mkey=925&
(deactivated member)
on 5/14/05 1:47 pm - potomac, MD
yep... i'm not sure if i want to spend the money on it.. i want to really get some food ideas to see if it would be worth it. does any post ops have ideas and suggestions of foods/liquids they had during the first few weeks of post surgery. did the magic bullet help??
Leesa
on 5/15/05 12:29 am - MD
Jennifer, If I recall correctly, you (like me) are a Dr. Greene patient. If I'm correct, for your first 3 weeks post-op, you will be on a liquid-only diet. This does *not* include pureed solids. Rather, your program will include protein shakes and beverages, bouillion, sugar-free gelatin and frozen confections (such as the sugar-free Popsicle brand frozen confections) and, of course, lots of water. Have you been attending Dr. Greene's pre-op orientation programs? When is your final pre-op visit? Starting after the 3rd week post-op, you will have soft solids re-introduced into your diet, and may include soft seafood, eggs, cheeses (including cottage cheese), tofu, and other high-protein soft solid foods. Leesa
vicky3
on 5/15/05 12:42 am - Anytown, MD
Seafood? Yum. That's good to hear. I would hate to find out that I could no longer tolerate my sashimi. I wonder if they tell you to stay away from the raw fish until you're 6 months out or something, considering its potential hazards under normal cir****tances. I've personally never gotten sick from it. I choose carefully where I get my sushi. Make sure they prepare it correctly and that the sushi chefs keep their nails trimmed, etc. I imagine I will certainly have to eat more sashimi and less nigiri/maki. The sushi rice doesn't play well with WLS in terms of being able to guage when you're full. By the time you think you're full, the rice still wants to keep expanding. I've been weaning myself off the rice anyway. Carbs. Aaaanyway. Sorry to go off-topic. I was just happy to see the mention of seafood. I wonder how shrimp toast filling would go down as a puree (without the toast.)
vicky3
on 5/15/05 12:35 am - Anytown, MD
I have seen many people talking about its greatness on the main board. It sure sounds like a no-brainer to me. If I'm going to have to eat liquified and pureed stuff for 6 weeks or more, this sure seems like it would be superconvenient compared to big blenders and hand mixers. It looks really useful for general cooking and other things as well. It comes with a recipe book. I'm trying to find a website that might give a peek into some of the recipes but am so far unsuccessful. Other than protein drinks and shakes, I wager it is just recipes for how to blend veggies for sauces and salsa and stuff like that. It probably isn't geared toward WLS folks who basically need babyfood. That's just a guess tho. I imagine we'll have to be creative on our own and wait for experienced folks to answer your call for ideas and suggestions. Certainly seems like it would make for some great soups.
Mandybub
on 5/14/05 11:36 pm - Crofton, MD
Hi Vicky- I love my magic bullet. I have had it almost a year and my husband and I use it almost everyday!! I wish I had of had it when i first had surgery. i am expecting a baby probably this week, and plan on using my bullet to make my baby food. It is so easy to use and clean!!! It is great. I didn't look at the link you posted, but I know I have also seen them at stores such as Kohl's, Target, and Walmart. Mandy
vicky3
on 5/15/05 12:31 am - Anytown, MD
This set is $59.99 and comes with a lot of stuff. Magic Bullet Does Food Prep In 10 Seconds Or Less! Dice onions, grate cheese, whip up smoothies, chop salsa, turn leftover chicken and veggies into crisp, delicious chicken salad. Magic Bullet goes into the microwave to blend-n-cook pasta sauces in seconds! Add a self-blending Party Mug to mix frozen margaritas, daiquiris, pina coladas and coffee drinks. Magic Bullet Collection includes a high-torque power base, 12-oz. and 28-oz. bullet cups, cross blade and flat blade for chopping and whipping, 2 shaker/steamer tops, 2 stay-fresh resealable lids, 4 party mugs, 4 colored mug rims and a 100-page ''Magic Bullet 10-Second Recipe Book''. 18-pc. set. The party mugs look pretty darn nifty. Do you use them for frozen fruit protein shakes and stuff to help keep them nice and blendy while you work your way through? WalMart's website lists it for $59.78. I shall have to keep an eye out for a WalMart sale over the next couple months.
stayceX
on 5/15/05 5:33 am - Baltimore, MD
buythebullet.com and sold on ebay as well At buy the bullet you get two. I plan to keep my other one at work. I love my magic bullet. I use it everyday. The best part is that you mix your food right in the cups so the clean up is so easy. Dr. Kligman's diet sounds the same as Dr. Greene. Soft foods start at 3 weeks out. I'm going into week 4 and just starting to eat things like eggs, egg whites, melted cheese, ground turkey meat.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Therapist Recommendations?
marshmallowstar · 0 replies · 1840 views
Revisions
sauniee · 0 replies · 2791 views
Support
Lalaredd · 3 replies · 4007 views