my husband

lisa C.
on 5/18/05 6:54 am - owings mills, md
Hi everyone, I have not been on the boards for months and months, My life has been so busy and it gets away from you. I am almost 2 years out and have lost about 165lbs and feel great. I still live and eat for this surgery. It is now just a lifestyle that I would not trade for the world. Ok, so my life is great and I love what this surgery has done for me. With that said, my husband is having the surgery next week and I am so scared for him. I did not feel this nervous and scared when I had it. I don't understand why I feel this way. My husband is not as big as I was and quite frankly, the truth is that he has gained a ton of weight since my surgery. I thought that our insurance would not approve him since he was not very large, so I kinda put it out of my mind and figured that it would not be an issue but guess what?????? Now I am trying to be so happy for him and help him through it but I have to be honest I am scared for him. I know it is crazy and I just felt like I had to vent it to someone so I decided where better than here. Thanks for listening, I feel better to just get it off my chest. No matter where you are in this journey, this board is always great. Love ya all, Lisa
stayceX
on 5/18/05 9:50 am - Baltimore, MD
Good time to come back and hang out on the boards for support! Congrats on losing a whole person plus! That is wonderful. It seems very normal to me that you would be nervous and scared for your husbands well-being. After all he is your husband!!! Don't be so hard on yourself for having those feelings. I guess when we go through things ourselves we feel like we are more in control. You probably feel less in control because it is your husband. Think positive though. Have faith in his choice that he has made. You will be a great support to him. You know what to expect, you know the pouch rules, you know the importance of exercise, and you know what it takes to drop 165lbs. I can't think of a better way to show your support by just being you! Your husband really is at an advantage because he has been a witness to your journey. The two of you are going to be such a good team!! P.S. - Now you will be both cheap dates when you go out to eat! =) Think of all the money you will save on your grocery bills. Haha!
mightyisis6874
on 5/23/05 8:28 am - Baltimore, MD
Hey, Lisa: I can relate to what you're going through. My DH and I had the surgery three days apart. I was very calm about having it myself, but when it was his turn, I was a nervous wreck. I stayed by his side making sure he walked when he was supposed to, drank his broth, et****il it was my turn. I just wanted to say that I agree with Stacey. Your husband has the benefit of a real-life, in-his-house success story! You've done a fantastic job with this, and you'll be a wonderful support and resource for him. Just keep being you! Take care. Tiffany S.
dlryanoates
on 5/24/05 1:34 pm - Glen Burnie, MD
Lisa, I know we've been out of touch for awhile, but I do think of you often. I didn't even know your husband was considering the surgery. If you need anything I am still only a phone call away. I haven't been on the board for a few weeks so sorry this is getting to you late. Take care, Denise
Most Active
Recent Topics
Therapist Recommendations?
marshmallowstar · 0 replies · 1840 views
Revisions
sauniee · 0 replies · 2790 views
Support
Lalaredd · 3 replies · 4006 views