Dr. Roe's requirements...

sacait
on 5/20/05 12:12 am - arnold, MD
I am wondering what kind of pre-op appts. Dr. Rowe had you do. Also, did he require you to have a stress test? I know I could wait til next week and ask him all this when I see him, but that would be absolutely too convenient for me. Take Care, Kim
TamikaM
on 5/20/05 9:46 am - Baltimore, MD
I know your required to get a chest xray but it has to be within 30 days of surgery. I'm not sure about the stress test I had one because I had an abnormal ekg but that was through my regular doctor. I hope this helped a little.
sacait
on 5/20/05 3:41 pm - arnold, MD
Thanks Tamika! For my own good and to give me peace of mind, I just had an EKG done and now I am scheduled to have an echocardiogram next week and a stress test on the 31st. I want to make sure that I am healthy enough for this surgery. I like to know things whether a Dr. orders them or not. I don't mind doing another EKG. How did your surgery go? I bet it is nice being on the losing side now!!
TamikaM
on 5/21/05 12:59 pm - Baltimore, MD
Surgery was fine haven't had any real complications. Been a little tired but not as much as I expected, still having a hard time making myself eat or drink. Oh yeah went to have my staples out on Wednesday and I had lost 21 pounds in 8 days. Of course the doctor explained I would probably either gain some back or slow loss from here on out but still I was so excited. Hope everything goes great for you.
Holley
on 5/21/05 12:07 am - St. Michaels, MD
I just had my surgery with Dr. Roe on 2/28. 2 weeks before surgery I had to have all my bloodwork done, EKG, Chest X-Ray. At that point, if anything comes back abnormal then he will have further requirements. Good luck on your journey. Believe me I had serious doubts about having the surgery, NOT about Dr. Roe but about the actual surgery, I was scared to death. However, it has almost been 3 months and it is the best decision that I have ever made. Good luck. Holley
sacait
on 5/21/05 8:35 am - arnold, MD
Thanks Holley! I got my psych clearance done today with no problems. I guess I am heading in the right direction.
sacait
on 5/21/05 8:35 am - arnold, MD
Thanks Holley! I got my psych clearance done today with no problems. I guess I am heading in the right direction.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Therapist Recommendations?
marshmallowstar · 0 replies · 1840 views
Revisions
sauniee · 0 replies · 2791 views
Support
Lalaredd · 3 replies · 4007 views