Clothing Swap

Nichole Lynne M.
on 5/31/05 2:41 am - Baltimore, MD
Hi everyone. I had my surgery on May 2 and have already lost 28 pounds. I thought that the clothes I had for the summer would get me through most of the summer but I am quickly finding out that is not the case. I was hoping to get involved with a clothing swap so I don't have to spend tons of $$ every month. Can anyone offer help or point me in the right direction? I also have some clothes to get rid of - right now it's mostly winter stuff.
fortyfit1
on 5/31/05 5:56 am - Willards, MD
Nichole I'm with you . I had surgery 4/26/05 and I have also found that I have had to get rid of clothes. I'm thinking about going to a second hand shop. I am not going to spend alot of money on clothes that I'm going to be out of every month. I have been taking mine to a friend of mine and taking some to salvation army. I don't have many clothes left. Not complaining really though. Surgery is working!
Nichole Lynne M.
on 5/31/05 6:47 am - Baltimore, MD
Hi Lisa, I have a couple of second hand shops on my list to check out. I will keep you posted if i find a good spot. Not sure where in MD you live, but I like to go to this place called C-Mart. It's in Harford County but only 20 minutes from my home in Baltimore. Good luck with your weight loss - I can't believe how great i feel!! Nichole
KDuncan
on 5/31/05 7:28 am - Dundalk, MD
There's a place called Alko they have clothes very cheap. There are several locations around the Baltimore area. Karen Duncan
Skinmin
on 5/31/05 10:29 am - MD
You can sell them on ebay.......
Cheryl H.
on 6/2/05 5:14 am - Baltimore, MD
RNY on 06/09/03 with
The first year after my surgery I lost 140 lbs and went from size 26 to size 12, it seemed like I was changing sizes everyday. The place that saved me was a second hand store on Back River Neck Road and Old Eastern Ave, I think it is called Value Thrift or something. It is huge so there is a good selection, the prices are reasonable, and if you go on Saturday everthing is half price. The crowd on Saturday is large, with long lines, so I started going on Friday night, find what I wanted and then go back first thing saturday and buy it all. I have been the same size for a year now, and I still go there. Last week I bought a GREAT dress that hopefully will fit well once I have my tummy tuck on the 13th. I never sold my old clothes, I gave many of them to others who had surgery, and I kept one pair of size 26 jeans to remind myself of how far I have come. Congratulations and good luck. Cheryl Hain
Most Active
Recent Topics
Therapist Recommendations?
marshmallowstar · 0 replies · 1844 views
Revisions
sauniee · 0 replies · 2796 views
Support
Lalaredd · 3 replies · 4011 views