Had wls in feb. 2005 then had to have surgery on the 31st of may

mysticgirl32
on 6/5/05 3:34 am - Compton, MD
I had wls in Febuary of 2005. As far as I know everything was going great. I lost about 65lbs in four months. Well last week at work I was fine one minute working the register rining people up. Then the next min I was in major pain in my lower right abdomn. By the time the store closed four hours later I was in tears and had my hubby come get me and take me to the ER. I got there at 830 and was still waiting to find out what was wronrg with me at 230 am I had a cat scan done and they said they were going to admit me at 330 am. Then at about 830 am I was sent for another cat scan and then later around 12pm my regular pcp came to see me pushed and pulled on my tummy I almost jumped off the bed in pain. He said I had to have my appendix removed. I was oh great another surgery. He said I will see you at 6pm for surgery. WEll I did not get to surgery til 8pm and got back to my room at 12am. I was in so much pain it was to me more pain than wls. I was in the hospital for five days. It was so afwal. I was supposed to be there for my sister who had surgery on june 1st but I ended up in the hospital my self I was so mad I missed being there for her. SO here I am stuck at home for a week in pain I feel Like I am starting all over again. I dont know If it had anything to do with me wls or not no one knows . Do any of you know if it would be related? If so give me your thoughts. Thanks and sorry so long.
ShortChange
on 6/5/05 10:16 pm - Columbia, MD
Katherine, Hang in there. I know what your going through. On 16 April I had an emergency appendectomy and on April 25th I had my WLS. It's taking me longer to recover then most. Within the next week or so you will start feeling better. Really! Please stop beating yourself up about not being with your sister for her surgery. She should and probably does understand. If she's a good sister she loves you whether or not you were phisically with her ( she knows that you were there in spirit) and would much rather have you better! You are right I had more pain from the appy then the WLS. Please Hang In There! Penny
mysticgirl32
on 6/8/05 4:10 am - Compton, MD
Thanks Penny, I am still hurting Friday I am going to doc to get my staples taken out I am really scared. I know it is going to hurt. My sister is doing good. I think she is doing way better than I did after my WLS. She has been walking and getting her protein and water in. She gets her staples out tommorw. So I will find out from her how bad it is before I get mine out from my appendectomy. Thanks for your kind words they mean a lot. Kathy
Most Active
Recent Topics
Therapist Recommendations?
marshmallowstar · 0 replies · 1844 views
Revisions
sauniee · 0 replies · 2796 views
Support
Lalaredd · 3 replies · 4011 views