Have my date for surgery Feb 29

msharp
on 1/28/12 8:22 pm - Holland, MI
VSG on 02/29/12
Hi  Everyone:
New to this,  very excited have  my surgery date.  Feb 29, 2012.   Laughing  can only have a anniversary every four years,  cracking up  go figure.  
I have  been wanting  this  for  while,  my old employer  was  self insurance.  and  they  would not  pay for, I worked  there  many years,  but  in  2009  with times in Michigan and like  many others  had my job cut. So I had  to start again, I went out  and yes  found another job, totally different  then  what  I  was  doing, but  I  have managed.  Been hard but making the best of it .  But  you know  they  say  everything happens  for a reason,  well guess what  I  am  having  surgery now.  And  lets  say it  made it  all worth while.  I am having  the  sleeve, Dr Foote is my surgeon and  he is based out of  Grand Rapids, but now  also has practice in  Grand Haven, MI  so having  there. Just about 20 minutes from home. 
I am  out  here trying  to  learn  what  to  expect.   Does  anyone have  any  suggestions.  I am  trying to be proactive.  Hoping  to make a few new friends  and someone  to  talk with  out our  journeys.
boxermom
on 1/30/12 8:50 pm - MI
 you have come to the right place for help.  i would go to a support group meeting for your dr.  i see them on here a lot.  ask the pre op and post ops what they are going thru and the stage they are in.  that should give you lots of insight.  read the main board on OH.  the michigan board is running slow and doesnt have much activity right now.  good luck to you!

boxermom
Thoughts become things... choose the good ones!

Boxermom
290/190/160  TT done
sw/cw/gw 

marymazilla
on 1/30/12 10:02 pm - GARDEN CITY, MI

Gongrats on the surgery date.
I am RnYer so don't know much about sleve but here is the link to the sleve forum. You may want to see what they have to say too. But. Don't for get that this Michigan forum is here for you too and we have a lot of fun and good times here and plenty of support too!.

www.obesityhelp.com/forums/vsg/

it is important that we get all the information possible.

hope this helps.
Mary

"When we stop running away from the situation that is scary - that is the moment we discover how strong we really are. So, acknowledge your strength...rejoice in it...and start breathing in life, as the beautiful, strong soul (being) that you truly are." - Rachna Sirtaj.......Love & Peace

(deactivated member)
on 1/31/12 1:41 am
wish you best of luck for your surgery, for a fast weight loss through food and diet i recommend best weight loss
marymazilla
on 1/31/12 1:49 am - GARDEN CITY, MI
 PamT has been there and has a lot of great information to share she is an OH veteran and very knowledgeable. Having had Weightlos surgery herself she know what it is all about!

pamtremble.blogspot.com/2012/01/keeping-it-real.html

"When we stop running away from the situation that is scary - that is the moment we discover how strong we really are. So, acknowledge your strength...rejoice in it...and start breathing in life, as the beautiful, strong soul (being) that you truly are." - Rachna Sirtaj.......Love & Peace

msharp
on 1/31/12 4:26 am - Holland, MI
VSG on 02/29/12
Thanks  everyone,  for  all the  great  advise.  I  will keep up on the Michigan  site  and  yes  also the  main site.   thanks  again.  Hope  to get  to know  everyone better in the  future.  take  care
UnRuli
on 2/4/12 12:01 pm - Plainwell, MI
 Dr. Foote did my sleeve in July of 2010......you're in good hands!  He's the go-to guy for this surgery at GHP.  He does tend to make a smaller sleeve so expect plenty of restriction.  

I've lost 100 lbs and although I could probably stand to lose another 10 more I'm currently in a size 6 and am smaller than I've been since Junior High!  

Good luck to you dear!
sacz111
on 2/17/12 12:39 pm
VSG on 04/16/12
Good Luck and keep us posted! 
HW:  280
SW: 255
CW:  194.4        
Most Active
Recent Topics