Surprised and Hello

prairie-dog-girl
on 8/27/12 3:23 pm
Hi to all! Been coming to this site everyday for months and just found out today, there are forum's by state. I live in Macomb County and will be having my surgery in October (I think) with Dr. Genaw at Henry Ford Main.I pray for all of us here everyday, that our WLS will enable us to have the healthiest and best life we can have.Blessings to all!
boxermom
on 8/29/12 9:13 am - MI
 welcome to the MI board!  Henry ford has an amazing reputation and you will be in good hands.  we have this board and most of us have joined FB forums for wls too.  just do wls searches on there too.  but post here and we will answer you as fast as we can!  best of luck to you!

bm
Thoughts become things... choose the good ones!

Boxermom
290/190/160  TT done
sw/cw/gw 

prairie-dog-girl
on 8/29/12 5:40 pm
I actually worked for HF Warren for many years,which had a wonderful Bariatric program.I'm aware HF Main Bariatric had a good program too and  I knew a few of the employee's . I know I'm in good hands. Thanks for your welcome and encouraging words.I see from your stats,your doing very well.Congratulations!
pineview01
on 8/30/12 3:19 pm, edited 9/4/12 5:24 pm - Davison, MI
Welcome! 
What surgery are you having done. 
I don't see it on your profile.  Just wondering...

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

cheryl B.
on 8/31/12 2:01 am - Oxford, MI
Dr Genaw was my surgen. He is a great guy. They answered all my questions. Glad you found the MI board. It is nice to have local support as well. Best Wishes.

marymazilla
on 8/31/12 10:58 am - GARDEN CITY, MI
Dr Carlin at HFH main with Dr. Genaw Great program and you will do wonderful God Speed and Guidence. for you journey and surgery!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"When we stop running away from the situation that is scary - that is the moment we discover how strong we really are. So, acknowledge your strength...rejoice in it...and start breathing in life, as the beautiful, strong soul (being) that you truly are." - Rachna Sirtaj.......Love & Peace

prairie-dog-girl
on 8/31/12 5:30 pm
Thanks to all. I'm having a sleeve. I've lost 32 pounds so far pre-op.I really lucked out on one thing.I have HAP insurance and was told I'd have to do a 6 month medically supervised diet. I wasn't expecting to have the surgery till next year and right before I was supposed start the 6 month diet, HAP called me and said they dropped that requirement , so it's October now.That was the good news.My right foot is shot, chronic pain, many issues.I went to the foot Dr. today and  he said I have numerous issues that can only be corrected by surgery.I walk a lot at my job, so , this is a real problem. I don't want to take 2 medical leaves,back to back.So,If  Dr.Genaw says ok,I'll have my foot surgery 2 weeks after the sleeve. Gonna be interesting!
Speak2me
on 9/25/12 8:30 am
HAP is covering the sleeve now???
prairie-dog-girl
on 9/25/12 8:37 am
Yes.They cover the sleeve .Everyone is very nice there.The challenging thing is driving 35 miles to get there to do all your program requirements , since HAP  only covers  it there (downtown HF). I actually paid out of pocket for a few things like the exercise class, since I work at a Henry Ford hospital close to home and did it there.It was easier than driving all that way and taking (another )day off work.
Most Active
Recent Topics