OT- Please pray

PamelaK
on 11/12/07 11:43 am - Osceola, WI

On Friday night, a freshman at the school here shot himself, his name is Merritt.  He used to go to our church and was in one of my son's classes.  Please pray for his parents, family and all of the kids that are trying to process what happened.  The visitation was held tonight and the funeral is going to be tomorrow. If you would be willing to pray for this family and his friends, it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Hugs And Kisses Pam   

Sandra N.
on 11/12/07 11:50 am - MN
Oh how sad!  Prayers are going out for his family and friends!

~Sandie~ -147!!WLS:12-12-06:Preop 268,Ht.5'4",BMI 44.9
  Click on link to see my journey!!! 
http://www.onetruemedia.com/my_shared?z=2bfaca5561a1d558fceb
87&utm_source=otm&utm_medium=text_url

"Do unto others as you'd have done to you"~ The Golden Rule to Live by!
You are what you EAT and WHO you hang out with!  Choices=Outcome~ what's YOUR choice??
I'm not perfect but I am going to die trying!!!

Darla S.
on 11/12/07 11:59 am - Maple Grove, MN
Of course I'll say a prayer for this young man, his family and all the kids who will struggle to understand this.  My daughter is a freshman, and they've lost 2 young men in the past year - one shot while deer hunting last fall (see the BLESS foundation website if you're interested), and the other just a few weeks ago after a tragic car accident.  At that age, kids so often feel 10 feet tall and bullet proof - then to lose someone their own age?  It's pretty difficult to grasp.  Merritt's case, especially.  Man....  how sad.   

Imperfect does not = unsuccessful

sngglnclos
on 11/12/07 8:08 pm - sw burbs, MN
OMG that is horrible :O(   I will send thoughts and prayers! xoxoxoxo
*~ Dayner Dee ~*
on 11/12/07 8:54 pm - East Burbs, MN
My heart goes out to Merritt and his family and all involved.  How tragic.  Hugs to you!

Dana      

kim J.
on 11/12/07 8:58 pm - knoxville, TN
I will definitely keep this young mans friends and family in my prayers.  This age group of kids are caught between being a child and a young adult.  So many times its difficult for them to grow with the changes.  Then when a tragedy of this nature occurs, those friends that are affected have a really difficult time understanding.  My heart goes out to all who has been affected by this tragedy.

barbk
on 11/12/07 10:08 pm - Eagan, MN
How sad!!!  Teenage suicide is so tragic.  And so hard for everyone to understand.  Lots of prayers for Merritt and his family.  And prayers to all who think that life won't get better and that this is their only alternative.  And a sad reminder to talk to people who generally don't join the group, have changed their moods, or any other hint of sadness.  And a reminder to me to say "good morning" with a geniune "how are you doing/feeling" and LISTENING -- maybe it will make a difference in someone's life for a day.  XXOO

Fitness is not about age or a size -- it's really about an attitude and life style!!!
Life is not measured by the number of breathes we take, but by the moments that take our breathe away~~

sweetsue617
on 11/12/07 10:09 pm - Thunder Bay, Canada
How sad!  I for sure will life up Merrit, his family, friends, and others affected by this tragedy.
sunnyshady
on 11/12/07 10:37 pm - St. Louis Park, MN
Oh my goodness Pam, I will keep this young man's family in my prayers.  The ones he left behind will be the ones suffering.  I went through this with a close friend and her husband years ago, it's tragic.
BUFFY 
Carol N.
on 11/12/07 10:39 pm - Sartell, MN
I will certainly keep Merritt and his family and all the kids at his school in my prayers. Somethings we just do not have the ability to comprehend why a child gets so bad that there is no hope....Very very sad.... CarolN

'Live  Simply. Love Generously. Care Deeply. Speak Kindly. Leave the rest to God!
'The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.'   

Most Active
Recent Topics
Valleyfair
kimtree · 0 replies · 1376 views
All In The Family
Darla S. · 1 replies · 1148 views
Any feedback on Park Nicollet?
SNCplus2 · 0 replies · 2620 views
10+ years out -
Darla S. · 2 replies · 2700 views