Thank Youse OH

debra O.
on 11/14/07 11:03 pm - MN

I will have surgery on 12-04-07, I read the WLS board everyday learning the do’s, the don’ts, the why’s and the why not’s on preop and postop surgery. I am such a junk food junkie, that I am rarely hungry and when I do eat, I eat chips, tacos, all type of junk food, I have tried to change my eating habits the past few months.

These past two weeks I have realized I need to cut back on soda, drink mucho water, eat healthy food every two hours, make sure to eat and chew, do not drink when eating, get more protein. After 2 weeks, I lost 9 pounds and I now know that I can actually do this after surgery. Can I get an AMEN! Thanks for all the encouraging and uplifting support, I am not afraid to face this battle, as I know I have strength from many OH friends.

VGB Banded 1997   Band Removed 12.04.07  RNY Revision 12.04.07

Bandland
on 11/14/07 11:39 pm - Robbinsdale, MN
AMEN!!!  Good for you.  It's better to figure out the whole eating thing prior to surgery so afterwards, it is a little easier for you.  Congrats on the weight loss, doesn't it feel great.  Keep it up!

Dontelle is my name & weight loss is my game.  Go Me!!!

Carol N.
on 11/14/07 11:43 pm - Sartell, MN

Good for you Debra!!! Your day is coming up and you are going to do just fine!!! Congrats on the beginning of your weight loss!!!!

CarolN

'Live  Simply. Love Generously. Care Deeply. Speak Kindly. Leave the rest to God!
'The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.'   

barbk
on 11/15/07 12:02 am - Eagan, MN

AMEN ~~ Great job!!!  I too was a believer in practicing before the surgery.  Then it doesn't seem like soooo much is changing because you've already grown used to it.

Congrats on your progress -- keep up the good work.  Won't be long now!!!  You have a lot to be thankful for this Thanksgiving!!!

Fitness is not about age or a size -- it's really about an attitude and life style!!!
Life is not measured by the number of breathes we take, but by the moments that take our breathe away~~

Frozen_Peach
on 11/15/07 12:07 am

well said girl!!!!

You are gonna do GREAT!

MY DS  
 labrats.jpg picture by Frozen_Peach

Get the facts about Duodenal Switch at DS Facts
<~~link
DS Recipes can be shared HERE <~~link

Lindaanne
on 11/15/07 12:58 am - SSP, MN

You go girl!

You can do it...theres no reason not to!

GOOD JOB!

Start Weight - 263
       Current Weight
  135 and making it work for ME !

kim J.
on 11/15/07 6:52 am - knoxville, TN
Debra- you are going to do great!!  You have already started practicing your new habits, and thats a giant step in this journey.  Congratulations on your wt loss so far!!  Thats wonderful!!  You have the right attitude, the want to, and soon you will have the tool to help you .  You are gonna do just wonderful!! 

Sandra N.
on 11/15/07 7:33 am - MN
Way to go girl!!!  Keep up the AWESOME job

~Sandie~ -147!!WLS:12-12-06:Preop 268,Ht.5'4",BMI 44.9
  Click on link to see my journey!!! 
http://www.onetruemedia.com/my_shared?z=2bfaca5561a1d558fceb
87&utm_source=otm&utm_medium=text_url

"Do unto others as you'd have done to you"~ The Golden Rule to Live by!
You are what you EAT and WHO you hang out with!  Choices=Outcome~ what's YOUR choice??
I'm not perfect but I am going to die trying!!!

Connie D.
on 11/15/07 9:10 am
AMEN....you can do it girlfriend!! Your day isn't far a way now. Just keep that positive attitude and you will succeed!! connie d
PamelaK
on 11/15/07 9:39 am - Osceola, WI
WAY TO GO DEBRA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so proud of you for preparing for your journey, in doing so your weight loss journey has begun.  Keep up the GREAT work, you are going to do FABULOUSLY!!!!!!!!!!
Hugs And Kisses Pam   

Most Active
Recent Topics
Valleyfair
kimtree · 0 replies · 1370 views
All In The Family
Darla S. · 1 replies · 1143 views
Any feedback on Park Nicollet?
SNCplus2 · 0 replies · 2614 views
10+ years out -
Darla S. · 2 replies · 2695 views