Numb Hands!!!!!

CheriLynn
on 5/30/11 12:14 am - Paynesville, MN
Ok I know I have seen this topic here a few years ago -
I wake up in the middle of the night and my hands are numb- it is getting worse, more often, and they take longer and longer to get the circulation going again - I am trying to get into the local clinic to get some blood work done as I remember that it could be from low b12.

Anyone with info or experience please help- It's getting scary!

Hugs!
Cheri Lynn

5'2" - High Weight=224 / Current=145My Goal= 130

Believe in Miracles... 

Paul H.
on 5/30/11 12:29 am - Eagan, MN
 You may be sleeping a much deeper sleep where you don't turn often enough. If you are sleeping on your hands, they would get less blood and thus may be numb on wakeup. I had a similar experience when I first started using a Cpap machine for sleep apnea.
    55# Lost pre Surgery on 2/15/10, 100+ #  lost post surgery

Darla S.
on 5/30/11 1:57 am - Maple Grove, MN
I experienced the same thing about 15 years ago... turned out it was carpal tunnel.  Are you keyboarding a lot, or performing any other kind of repetitive detailed hand work?  You might need some physical therapy - some people actually have to have surgery to correct the problem if it's gone on too long, but I was able to avoid that.

Best to get a thorough check up if you haven't had one in the past year.

Happy Memorial Day!

Imperfect does not = unsuccessful

dorthe H.
on 5/30/11 8:01 am - farmington, MN
sounds like carpal tunnel to me, too.  i had the surgery about 8 years ago.  helped tremendously.  good luck.
DORTHE
     AGING IS INEVITABLE
              GROWING UP IS OPTIONAL!   
Loril
on 6/9/11 6:51 am - Hopkins, MN

Have your B-12 checked- this is how I found out I was severly deficient.  Very serious stuff if it is low.  Good Luck :)

Lori at Goal  

RNY October 2004

Most Active
Recent Topics
Valleyfair
kimtree · 0 replies · 1405 views
All In The Family
Darla S. · 1 replies · 1160 views
Any feedback on Park Nicollet?
SNCplus2 · 0 replies · 2629 views
10+ years out -
Darla S. · 2 replies · 2709 views