iron and vitamin B shots? need a physician that will prescribe.

snowflower
on 8/30/11 2:12 am - Victoria, MN
Hi guys,
I'm two years post op and doing great.  I've lost 130lbs and am feeling great.  I did NOT follow my surgeons and his nutritionists advice but rather followed a more whole food/organic/semi-vegetarian diet.  Not a single morsel of 'manufactured' food passed my lips and I feel very good for sticking to my guns and avoiding 'fake' food.

However, I do have low iron and am feeling like I need both iron shots and Vitamin B shots but my doctor is a complete witch and does not think it's necessary.

Does anyone have a RNY freindly doctor who has prescribed these meds?  My current Dr is a right wing crazy and pooh poohs any alternative medicine or practices.

We live in the south western burbs, so Eden Prairie, Minnetonka, Chanhassen etc Doctor recommendations would be awesome!

Thanks guys

Jessica A.
on 8/31/11 9:07 am, edited 8/31/11 9:07 am - Auburn, AL
 I have not had iron issues but my B12 was down to 432...not good.  I started taking B12 sublinguals (1 - 2500 mcg per day).  I got them from Walmart and within 1 1/2 weeks my B12 shot up to 1570.  I have been trying to find information about B12 and from what I can tell, it has been questioned as to whether shots are any better than sublinguals.  Other than the fact that they are more expensive.  I guess it can't hurt to try the sublinguals?  Good luck.  I hope maybe you can find a more understanding doc.  :)

Jessica A.
on 8/31/11 9:11 am - Auburn, AL
 Oops.  I misread.  You said B vitamins.  Not sure if we were on the same page there.  

Most Active
Recent Topics
Valleyfair
kimtree · 0 replies · 1396 views
All In The Family
Darla S. · 1 replies · 1157 views
Any feedback on Park Nicollet?
SNCplus2 · 0 replies · 2628 views
10+ years out -
Darla S. · 2 replies · 2706 views