some advice please

mcelski81
on 12/30/11 9:26 am - St Paul, MN
Hello their all I have a question I'm 2 weeks post op from having vsg my surgeon told me I could go to phase 4 when I should some be on phase 3 I said is it OK he told me that it was OK to do sense I'm handling my liquids so well he just told me not to over do it cause 2weeks out leaks can happen but its nothing to worry about he said I would like to know what is safe to eat for phase4 I tryed sliced meats cottage ch eese string cheese can anyone give me some advice on food u ate 2weeks out and how many ounces should I be eating is it still 1 to2 I just don't want to over do it on my pouch how long does the pouch take to heal if anyone out their can help me out with advice it would be great thanks to everyone have a great newyear

Diamond Girl
on 12/31/11 9:43 am - Ham Lake, MN
No clue what Dr. Rupp's plan looks like, but you should be good with small bites at a time and take your time eating each bite. Start to pay attention to things like whether or not your nose starts running...that was always a good indicator to me of getting "full". Just start to be in tune with your body and listen/watch for your signals. And above all else at this stage of the game, make sure you're getting tons of fluids in so you stay hydrated. Dehydration is your worst enemy right now.

You had the VSG...so you have a "sleeve", not a "pouch". Just want to make sure you know you did not have a RNY. Sorry - I'm a big believer in getting the terminology right. At least I pray that if you believe you have a VSG that you in fact do. There's always a post op report available to you to be sure.

Also, Dr. Rupp's office should have a nutritionist or two or more on staff to help you with these exact questions. And if you feel you're getting RNY diet information, be clear with them on which procedure you had.

Best of luck!

mcelski81
on 12/31/11 9:50 am - St Paul, MN
Thanks Dr.rupp is giving me the diet of vsg i just wanted to get some ideas from others but thank your for your input it helps thanks

Diamond Girl
on 12/31/11 9:55 am - Ham Lake, MN
Okay, good.

Refried bean, taco meat, broth based soup with added rotiesserie chicken or unflavored protein powder safe for heat, etc. are a couple good staples from those days. I remember if things were moist, I tolerated it better. Tuna with mayo. Etc. Some people will say mashed potatoes and stuff like that, but I caution you due to the carbs. Just remember, this whole phase is temporary in the grief & loss department. Meaning you will be absolutely down about not being able to eat a whole lot at a time, or things may taste pretty blah, but it's temporary. Eventually, you'll get back to a better place with your food.

mcelski81
on 12/31/11 10:31 am - St Paul, MN
Thanks again it helps to get ideas I just worry about a leak I'm just a worrisome sometimes I just don't want to over do it on portions do u know how many ounces at this point is it still 1 or2 still or is it what I can handle like I said I don't want to over do it I hope I get used to eating like this but thank you for your help it makes me feel better to know people on here have gone threw this or going threw it like Im now

Most Active
Recent Topics
Valleyfair
kimtree · 0 replies · 1402 views
All In The Family
Darla S. · 1 replies · 1160 views
Any feedback on Park Nicollet?
SNCplus2 · 0 replies · 2629 views
10+ years out -
Darla S. · 2 replies · 2709 views