U of M

jonilindgren
on 6/1/12 10:55 pm - MN
VSG on 05/17/13
I have started my journey to WLS and had my consultation with Dr. Buckwald. It went OK, I have heard a lot of positive feedback on him, the only thing, is I felt like he was doing a pre. rehearsed script when I had my consultation. Not a bad thing, but didn't leave me feeling like it was "about me". Has any body else felt this way? Also, I am trying to decide between the RNY and the sleeve. Any comments on why you chose one over the other would be helpful.
Tammy Bishop
on 6/21/12 6:47 am - Buffalo, MN
I'm a patient of Dr. Buchwald. I had the duodenal switch (DS) 8.5 years ago and couldn't be happier! I started at 285 pounds and now weigh 110. I've never had any regain. The duodenal switch is the most effective weight loss surgery out there. People with this surgery only absorb about 20% of all the fat they eat so it is difficult to regain the weight once you've lost it. If you'd like more information, let me know. I facilitate the local DS support group and have a DS support group on facebook as well. If you're on facebook and would like to friend me, I'm Tammy Erickson Simmon.

Tammy (Bishop) Simmon
Insurance Appeal Advocate
Center for Bariatric Advocacy and Support
DS with Dr. Buchwald
1-13-04  ~ 285 lbs. to 125 lbs.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Valleyfair
kimtree · 0 replies · 1389 views
All In The Family
Darla S. · 1 replies · 1153 views
Any feedback on Park Nicollet?