Park Nicollet Bariatric

Amanda M.
on 6/3/12 2:27 pm
RNY on 01/18/13
 Hey all. I am thinking I might go with Park Nicollet Bariatric for my WLS journey. I am registered to go to the required information seminar on Tuesday. 

Has anyone used them? What is the process like for getting a surgery consult? How long did it take to get surgery scheduled? What was your overall experience like?

Thanks!
Yelena K.
on 6/15/12 10:51 pm - Plymouth, MN
 I had a good experience and they were pretty thorough, though I did turn to other clinics for support after surgery due to better support groups in other areas. Things change so I am not sure how they are now but I would feel them out and see what you think. 

2019: 11 years out and maintaining a loss of 150lbs.

Follow me:

www.morethanmyweight.com

www.facebook.com/morethanmyweight

www.youtube.com/morethanmyweight

redsnapper1975
on 6/16/12 4:12 am
I've had a good experience there.  I almost went with the U of MN but made a better connection with the nurses at PN.  I honestly don't remember the exact details of the beginning of my journey there.  I did start with the info session even though I had been to one at the U of MN.  After attending you can schedule your personal consult and start moving through the (many) hoops.  That will depend largely on your insurance.  They will guide you through the whole process.  My only complaint has been difficulty in scheduling post op appointments and not seeing eye-to-eye with a couple of the NUTS, but I've gotten through it easily.  I had VSG just over a year ago and have lost about 125 pounds.  Good luck to you!
~ Kim

ShootersGal24
on 6/18/12 6:17 am - South St. Paul, MN
I am going tomorrow night - the 19th with a friend that is looking into the VSG.  We are going to Park Nicollet Methodist for the informational meeting, I am going as one of her support people!  Excited to be asked to go this journey with her, but she has been one of my biggest supporters and I would so do this for ANYONE!!!!

Hoping she gets a good vibe from it all - her husband is also looking into having the procedure done!  God bless them both and hoping for a safe journey for them both.

Thanks!

http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w2Fm5C4/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/w2Fm5C4/weight.png">>

Most Active
Recent Topics
Valleyfair
kimtree · 0 replies · 1445 views
All In The Family
Darla S. · 1 replies · 1177 views
Any feedback on Park Nicollet?
SNCplus2 · 0 replies · 2648 views
10+ years out -