Recent Posts

PrettyEyes_41
on 4/7/12 1:15 am - MS
VSG on 06/12/12
Topic: RE: Need support in Jackson area
I am still in the process of getting insurance approval. I live in Brandon and am going with Dr. Carroll from the River Oaks Bariatric group. I will be having the sleeve hopefully by the end of the month or first part of May. I am usually on the vertical sleeve forum but thought as I get closer to surgery I could use a support group here and will be going to the Bariatric support groups at the River Oaks center soon.

Gale     Age: 55, Height: 5' 5.5", HW: 236, SW: 210, 1st GW: 150.  Surgery BMI: 39.3  Extremely HBP, High Cholesterol & borderline diabetic.      

PrettyEyes_41
on 4/7/12 12:59 am - MS
VSG on 06/12/12
Topic: RE: Hi from Jackson
Hey there Jimmy - I am also from Brandon and have Dr. Carroll! I don't have a surgery date yet but hope to by end of this month. I have one more weigh in for my insurance mandated 6 month diet and have been doing really good. How is Dr. Carroll and his office been for you through this process?

Gale

Gale     Age: 55, Height: 5' 5.5", HW: 236, SW: 210, 1st GW: 150.  Surgery BMI: 39.3  Extremely HBP, High Cholesterol & borderline diabetic.      

amyliz78
on 1/12/12 3:31 am - Seminary , MS
Topic: RE: 4 weeks post gbp and having trouble
Thank you! I ended up being rushed in for an emergency dialation yesterday, very scary situation, but procedure went well, it was definitely a stricture. They said I will probably have to have a few more in months to come. But hopefully this will allow me to get back to concentrating on getting my fluids and proteins in with much less problems! Not sure if it's the surgery, and the combination of dehydration and 3 days with no protein, but I can lift my arm without being exhausted! I wish I could just put new batteries in and have energy again!
sweetsouthergal
on 1/10/12 5:08 am
Topic: RE: 4 weeks post gbp and having trouble
i sure hope everything gets staighten out for you,prayers sent your way from another mississippi gal
amyliz78
on 1/10/12 4:13 am - Seminary , MS
Topic: 4 weeks post gbp and having trouble
I had gbp on 12/14/11 and am headed back to the surgeon tomorrow for what I'm positive is a stricture. They are wanting to do labwork and see me before scheduling the scope though. I am so happy that I've lost 42 lbs so far, but this is proving to be a battle that I'm trying to reassure myself that I can overcome. In the last few days, I'm having trouble keeping any food down, everything gets stuck and even my protein shakes are proving to be challenging. I am stuck in this "absolutely NO energy" stage and I dream of the day I get past it. Also, I have HORRIBLE lower back pain and cannot figure out why. I'm getting my daily fluids so I dont know why it would be hurting in my kidney area. If anyone can offer any advice or promising words, I'll take anything!!! Thank you!!!
SonyaB
on 1/6/12 1:07 pm - Mantachie, MS
Topic: Questions
I had gastric bypass in May 08 and have been having problems. Seems like about 90% of the time when I eat, no matter what I eat, I end up running to the bathroom. I don't know what could be causing it. Has any 3 years out ever experienced anything like this? If so, what do I need to do or have checked?

Also, what is the new surgery called that if you have had gastric bypass done that you can have this surgery? I have heard little about it and just curious. What kind of issues would call for you to have this surgery?

Thanks!

Sonya
seanbear66rn
on 1/5/12 6:58 pm - Dracut, MA
VSG on 04/06/12
Topic: LGBT forum invitation
Hello,
I just wanted to let people know   there is a forum for the community and anyone who is friendly and want to stop by. I was very active 3 years ago and would like to see it become active again.   It is listed under  "weight loss related"

I am not attempting to offend anyone. I understand that some might not agree with me posting. I am doing it to help LGBT people. Everyone has the right to not agree. I respect that.

Thank You !

Sean

If you have trouble finding it just PM me
Sean  

YOU CANNOT GIVE SOMEONE HELP........YOU CAN OFFER HELP,  IT IS UP TO THE OTHER PERSON TO ACCEPT  OR REJECT IT !!!

03horizon
on 12/27/11 9:19 am
Topic: RE: LOOKING FOR FRIENDS AND LOCAL SUPPORT GROUP
Mandiway, did you have your surgery?  Was it in Mexico? My insurance specifically excludes weight loss surgery and so I will be self pay.   Any insights?  I am a part time resident of Biloxi and part time resident in New Mexico.  There aren't any doctors I would see in New Mexico.
Ding-E-Girl
on 11/4/11 5:05 am - MS
Topic: RE: anyone been re-sleeved?
     Dr Bellanger did my sleeve in May 07 and I lost about 25 lbs the first 3 months and then I was back able to eat more again.   I now have gained all that weight back plus an extra 30 !!!   I went to a new Dr last month and he did and endoscopy and found that my stomach is still quiet large.    So please dont think its just YOU or that your a failure because Im there too!!   My new Dr didnt want to talk about a re-sleeve until he saw how large my stomach is.   Now hes willing to re sleeve,   plication or gastric bypass.     I was self pay also.    Very disappointed .    
Ding-E-Girl
on 11/3/11 4:14 pm - MS
Topic: RE: Step One
    Hey there !   I am also from Hattiesburg and I had went into this thinking about the lapband as well.      I read up on everything and started thinking that the lapband just wasnt worth all the side effects,  possible weight regain so I went to talked to Dr Clark Warden as the Sugrical Center of La.   He has offices in Slidell,  Covington and Metarie I believe.     I really really like him alot and I have decided to go with the gastric bypass.   He did not like the lap band either.    So anyway,  there about 6 or 7 really good drs in this group..... Thomas,   Levin,   French,  Warden and a couple more.    I am due to have my surgery in a couple weeks and feel that I will be in great hands witth Dr Warden.   I think they take Medicare also.      Hope this helps....
Most Active