Not doing so well

thinksmart1st
on 7/9/11 12:36 pm - Fergus, Canada
Hi everyone! I hope everyone is doing well. Carly I so hope everything is good with you hun! I haven't been doing so good lately. Went to Sussex last week. Had a cancer scare. The doctor said the tumors were non-malignant. I don't know... I want a second opinion. I'm freaking out. I'm not eating not drinking water I gained over 10 lbs. More then anything I need a friend...something I don't have........
Denise

God didn't promise days without pain, laughter without sorrow, sun without rain, but He did promise strength for the day,
comfort for the  tears, and light for the way.

I prefer to live
my life, not  just merely exist.

"I am who I am, and I don't need to justify anything to anyone."

Carly ~
on 7/9/11 1:13 pm
Sweet Denise, 
My heart goes out to you -- it really does.  I wish you didn't have such a hard time with your health before and since surgery.
I think you're right to get a 2nd opinion, but try to take care of yourself in the meantime.  If one doctor already told you they're benign, chances are -- that they are correct.
Try not to freak out.  
You're gaining because you're not eating or drinking.  You really have to try your best to calm yourself down so you don't get really, really sick hun.
It would be horrible to have to go into hospital for IV fluids and nutrition.   Try to take it yourself and go back to full fluids if you have to for now -- until some of your stress leaves you and your tummy settles down.
I'm you're friend -- in my heart I consider you my friend even though we haven't met in person.  I care about you as much as any friend I have in my life now.
If you ever need to talk, just inbox me your phone number, and I'll call you in a heartbeat.
Don't worry about the gain -- your metabolism has probably slowed because of the lack of food intake.    Think about the overall picture -- and know you've lost since your highest weight pre-surgery.  Everyone has setbacks hun.. and your health scare is enough of one to set things off-kilter.
I have a good feeling that your 2nd opinion will bring you much comfort.  Try to get that as soon as possible to help ease your mind.  
I can't imagine any doctor giving you clearance, and saying you don't have cancer if there was a chance that you may.   It's your emotional self thinking now, not your rational self.  
Focus on your health, and the main thing wrong now --- is not the tumor --- it's your lack of appetite.  Make yourself eat, get back to the basics.  If you throw it up, eat it again.  Drink your fluids -- get something into you.
I'm really worried about you Denise.  I hope you soon find good health and peace with all of the health issues you have been having.  You've been through so much.   
xoxoxo  Your friend always, Carly.

Kitty_mom
on 7/15/11 3:15 am - New Maryland, Canada
WOW- the big "C". There is no more powerful & fearful word in the English language. When I found out my sister was at the hospital for a cancer test- I turned to tell my husband & the C word got stuck. I just couldn't even say it. The doctor is probably right, the tumors are non-malignant. We all have some kind of tumor in us and most people have cancers that the body fights off & never develops. That does not change the fact that it is the most frightening thing  you can have or potentially have. I don't blame you for wanting a second opinion, especially after all the scandals with doctors reading cancer tests wrong, but the first doctor is probably right & you are just fine.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Revision to sleeve
KL_Girl · 1 replies · 1062 views
Removal scheduled for tomorrow
Krista C. · 2 replies · 1918 views
DS - 5.5 years after the Sleeve
Henry M. · 1 replies · 1770 views
Facebook page
Raisin_girl · 5 replies · 1768 views