fitbit?

Maryellen R.
on 3/29/11 10:59 pm - Sayville, NY
 I recently received a fit bit as a birthday gift.  I feel like it is showing many more steps that I actually take.  Then again, perhaps I was more active than I thought?

Anyways, just curious if anybody else who has it feels the same way.  Also, do you use all the features it offers?  I still have not but want to try to although have several questions about some.
Maryellen
To visit LIPO (Long Island Post Ops) bariatric support group website click here: www.liponation.org

"WLS is a journey, not a destination (don't get comfortable) ... it's a road that we must travel daily to succeed".  Faith Thomas

visit my blog at theessenceofmaryellen.com/

Tom C.
on 3/29/11 11:18 pm - Mount Arlington, NJ

Is Fitbit a Pedometer? I've had some Pedometer, and you need to calibrate them in order to be "accurate" - but even then they aren't 100%

I would suggest getting/using a cheap pedometer along with the Fitbit and compare them. This way you can figure out how accurate it is, and/or have a idea how calculate the Fitbit readings.

Congrats on the gift. Sounds wonderful :D

Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
Maryellen R.
on 3/31/11 10:08 pm - Sayville, NY
 Hi Tom,

Thanks for your response.  A Fitbit is very similar to a pedometer.  You can wear the Fitbit Tracker loosely in your pocket, clipped to your pants, shirt, bra (ok, maybe not yours....lol) or to your wrist when you are sleeping.  It tracks your calories burned, steps taken, distance traveled and sleep quality. The Fitbit contains a 3D motion sensor like the one found in the Nintendo Wii. The Fitbit tracks your motion in three dimensions and converts this into useful information about your daily activities.

I'm still trying to figure it out, but I did do what you suggested and used my old pedometer along with it and guess what?????   They were both the same!  I guess I am taking more steps daily than I thought!

Enjoy your weekend!

Maryellen
To visit LIPO (Long Island Post Ops) bariatric support group website click here: www.liponation.org

"WLS is a journey, not a destination (don't get comfortable) ... it's a road that we must travel daily to succeed".  Faith Thomas

visit my blog at theessenceofmaryellen.com/

Most Active