horizon BCBS help

pauliegirl69
on 5/4/11 5:19 am - NJ
Has any one gotten Horizon BCBS to approve vertical sleeve in a patient that has a BMI of 35...and has a couple of comorbidities.
or know how to get there on the BCBS site..I cant find any thing on that site

Thanks for the help
Need4Change
on 5/4/11 6:14 am - NJ
Hi there, I cant say I have Horizon but my doc has mentioned that BCBS is easier to approve the surgeries... I'm having a similar anxiety over my approval but I have United (I'm really border line obese).  I have my psych and nutritionist appointments next week and then the paperwork will be submitted for approval.

If you have a doc for the surgery, they'll know the ins and outs of all insurances since they are dealing with them all the time.

Good luck!
checkitout
on 5/4/11 10:34 am - Newton, NJ
Call them and have them MAIL you a hard copy that contains the details of your plan so you exactly what is NOT covered. When you call get the name or operator number for the person you spoke with and write it down along with the time of the call incase it does not arrive at home in the expected time.

What is covered or not covered is based on what your specific plan dictates.

Best wishes on a fast approval.

Stella

kevinvw
on 5/4/11 11:19 am - NJ
I have BCBS NJ and my approval for RNY was a breeze. My BMI was a bit higher than yours (42) and the process only took 6 days from my surgeon's submission.
Kevin
Lap RNY: 3/16/11
Dr. Robert Brolin - www.njbariatricspc.com
  "Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You.? - Dr. Seuss

Tom C.
on 5/5/11 1:55 am - Mount Arlington, NJ

As Stella suggested, get a copy of your insurance to see what is and isn’t covered. While BCBS may cover it, your specific plan may not. There are nuances to each and every coverage.

Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
Most Active