Home, 2nd day from VSG surg this past Tues, June 21st

Need4Change
on 6/24/11 1:50 am - NJ

Hi everyone,

Well I did it... seems like it was only yesterday where I was stressing out about approvals, clearance from docs, etc.  But obviously everything worked itself out!

The pain I've gone thru I can not describe.  It was quite miserable but each day it gets progressively better.  I'm finding it difficult to get in all the liquids/protein they've asked for, but I'm doing my best.  It was a lot easier when you were on the IV and werent fussing much about that!

So now im just trying to walk around, check off liquids off my list and rest where Im able.  I'm really hoping this gets better soon.  Ive only been given Tyl3 with Codeine - and quite frankly I dont think it does s***t.

I havent had a BM (sorry if thats TMI) so thats concerning as well.  Does anyone have anything to contribute on recovery or going to the bathroom?

Thanks!
Joyce

Tom C.
on 6/25/11 7:16 pm - Mount Arlington, NJ
Joyce,

What you're experiencing is normal. Know it DOES get better.

I'm praying for ya, and know you have a lot of support here - so come back as often as you need to get pass this hurdle .. and onto the next
Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
Need4Change
on 6/26/11 1:42 am - NJ
Thanks Tom, it definitely has gotten better...  still trying to get my energy back though, as it hasnt been quite the same.  This week I start working from home (on Wednesday) so I'm hoping that i'll be mentally and physically ready for that  :)

Cheers!
sun_shyne39
on 7/4/11 11:31 am - NJ
It get so much better day by day and week by week.  Not that this process is easy, but once you find a certain comfort level and normal daily life balance things become much easier.  I was sleeved on May 9th and will be two months out on July 9th and quite honestly the time has flown by.  I had minimal pain with surgery have lost 30 lbs since then and I feel great.  It is normal to struggle with water/fluid/protein intake the first few weeks out.  I was told that the biggest thing is that at this stage you need to stay hydrated.  My best suggestion and I'm sure you've heard this before is rest, sip, walk, and be good to yourself and you will be just fine. I wish you all the best!! keep in contact let;s track our progress together:)
sun_shyne39      
Most Active