gone but back and depressed

newfie02_11
on 9/15/11 10:38 am - Canada
Hi I went to the west coast for a few days...it was fun but tiring few days....
I look at the boards and I get so depressed at seeing ones with dates and ones with preop diet...I know i shouldn't get like that but I guess when you wait so long to see the end of the road and it seems to be growing longer with every minute you wait...I am very glad to see people getting dates and pre-op diets,I know my time will come sometime,,,hell it just might be good old mother nature making me like this ...lol...hell of time for the change i guess....
I have gained 5 lbs since I saw Dr.Pace and just can;t seem to lose it or anymore ...really can\t afford to be going to WW...its expensive at almost 20 a week....guess I just need a good old swift kick in the you know what...
 any ideas would be greatly welcome
NewfieSunShine
on 9/15/11 11:23 am - Canada
NEWFIE,,,,

i know exactly how you feel , and tho ppl say your time will come , sometimes hearing that
doesnt help, seeing ppl have it done, like you said ,, and ppl starting there diets and ppl
getting there dates , when ppl like myself been waiting sence 2000* and here it is 2011 and
now that they do it here ,  i wish things would move faster  but it seems to be slower or like you said
the list getting longer , or ppl who havent been on the waiting list as long as some like myself and getting in and getting it done, sometimes that makes one loose all hope and make one thing when will it be *MY* time.................

but like i you said i guess our time will come soon, i just hope sooner then later ,   when i saw Dr Pace In June, he said he hope to get me in befor  Cmas , when i talked to them a few weeks ago she said its not going to be till after the new yr , which put a damper on the situation again. but hopefully our time comes soon :) ,,,,,,,,, have a gr8 day
tlr681
on 9/15/11 8:26 pm - Canada
I'm so sorry you ladies still have to wait.  I know when I got on the list and started seeing people moving ahead of me I was discouraged too.  Don't think that everyone with a lower BMI will get moved ahead of you.  It just that for a couple of reasons they need to do some lower BMIs first.  First of all since Dr. Pace is new to this surgery he wanted to do a few lower BMIs before he attempted the higher BMIs because they are more complicated surgeries.  Secondly for the good of the program they wanted to do a bunch of lower BMIs first because the likelihood of complications is less and they want good results on the first bunch of patients to justify continued funding of the program.  Once they get that "foundation" of the first batch of lower BMIs, I'm sure the program will move to a more first come first served basis.  Here's hoping you get your dates soon.

Tina
   Tina         
Surgery:  VSG with Dr. David Pace
Surgery Date :  October 17, 2011.      HW: 280    SW: 252    CW: 235    GW:  140  
TerrieNL
on 9/16/11 12:17 am - Hr. Grace, Canada
Hey Newfie Sunshine and Newfie02: I have been waiting 3 years but when you talk
about waiting 11 years I can't imagine. I am disappointed too. I've been killing myself
since June to lose 30 lbs. because Dr. Pace said he would try and do me before the
new year if I did. I got my BMI down below 60 finally and it wasn't easy as you all know
very well. I wait to see when my turn will be. If I have to wait until after the new year I
don't know how I will keep the weight off. The only advice I might give you is take it a
day at a time and know that your surgery is on the horizon. Since you've waited this
long what's another few months? If we don't laugh and try keeping our minds on
something else we will get depressed and then he won't do the surgery at all. We
have to be in the right frame of mind for it also. Take care and maybe think about the
holidays coming up and how much different they will be for you next year. How much
better will next Christmas be for all of us?
  Terrie         
tlr681
on 9/16/11 2:15 am - Canada
Wow! Terrie,  24 pounds lost.  Good for you.  Did you try the liquid diet to get the scale moving again?
   Tina         
Surgery Date :  October 17, 2011.      HW: 280    SW: 252    CW: 235    GW:  140  
TDR
on 9/16/11 10:06 am
 I know what you mean about WW being so expensive.  I have the program and me and some of my are (this week) going to start a weight loss group here.  We are each going to pay $5 per week and every time we hit a $100 we are going to do a draw for the half the money?  Then at Christmas there is going to be a big draw! for what is left!

We are supporting each other - having fun.  And each week a new person is resposible for bringing a tip - a recipe, an excerise tip or other healthy living idea!
TerrieNL
on 9/16/11 8:41 pm - Hr. Grace, Canada
 Yes Tina, I was talking to Rhoda on the phone and she suggested I try the
liquid diet. She emailed it to me , plus, my doctor helped by giving me another
fluid pill to help with these darn legs of mine and voila !!!! Now, I don't know how
long it will stay off me. The fluid is a daily battle and it's up and down. I am also
a little bit more active. I am trying. I have my message in to Reyleen (Spelling?)
so, just waiting to hear what she has to say.
  Terrie         
Mellybean
on 9/16/11 9:12 pm
Hey Terri would it be possible to get a copy of that liquid diet?
Cheers, Mellybean    
TerrieNL
on 9/19/11 8:49 pm - Hr. Grace, Canada
Hey Mellybean: I will try and get the pages to you today.
  Terrie         
tlr681
on 9/17/11 6:32 am - Canada
Make sure to get your 8-12 glasses of fluid into you each day and make sure you get your protein in.  I had one day where I didn't get enough fluid and protein and my weight loss really slowed down and it took me 3 days to start losing again.
   Tina         
Most Active