Recovery Question

TDR
on 10/3/11 10:01 am
I am always thinking about my work...  I am not even at the consult stage and yet I am wondering how long I should expect to be off work after surgery - barring any unforeseen complications that is....

HW: 325  SW: 293.4  CW:235.0 Surgery Date Sept 10, 2012   Preop: - 31.6  M1:-22  M2: -16.6   M3: -13.6 First weight goal ACHIEVED!  On to my second goal - CENTURY CLUB!!!!   

Carly ~
on 10/3/11 2:01 pm
 It depends on how well you recover, but I've seen people take as little as two weeks off work, to a month.
I know I had a hard time driving --  I couldn't twist to reverse for about two weeks after.

Mary C.
on 10/3/11 9:14 pm - Glovertown, Canada
I'm an RN in a busy ER - I work full time. I was off six weeks - we lift and pull and the job is very physical. I really felt like I could go back to work before that - but in retrospect - the extra few weeks gave me time to know for sure what worked for me food wise - I have to pack food for 12hrs. In the middle of a busy shift is not a good place to find out what you ate is not agreeing with you. I have heard of many people who do not have physicacally demanding jobs going back to work after a week or 10 days. But - in the end - it's up to what your surgeon reccomends.  

Most Active