Need help?

sonyafrench
on 1/17/12 9:52 pm
In the past 3 years I have gone from a whopping 160 pds, to a 239 pounds. In only 3 years, my weight is starting to skyrocket. I am binge eating. I cant stop, I am always hungry, and always thinking about food.
I have considered slim band, but the cost alone is way too much for me. And I have heard horror stories as well.
I am supposed to be getting married this year, which I am post poning till a later date because I feel so disgusting. I used to look really good, get all the hot guys at the clubs ect, now I am lucky if my fiance thinks I am still attractive.
My body is drained, I have put it through so much physical abuse, and cant take this anymore.
I am only 31 years old, and I shouldnt be in this mess. I have 2 boys, there toddlers, and they want to go outside all the time, but I am so god damn lazy I dont feel like taking them for walks. I want my old life back, but its gotten to the point where if I dont work my ass off at the gym 24/7 its not going to happen.
I have yet to find out if I have any underlying medical conditions because of my weight. I am waiting on some tests from the hospital to find out about thyroid issues ect...
Can anyone tell me, who do I talk to in regards to getting the surgery?
Wil MSI cover it?
How do I know if I am even able to get the surgery ect????
FancyRoses
on 1/18/12 8:04 pm - Lower Sackville, Canada
I am so sorry about how you feel and I think we all have similar issues with image.  MSI does cover the surgery in Nova Scotia but the Wait time is plus 10 years,  the more co morbities such as diabetes, high blood pressure, sleep apnea etc will help your Wait  time and push you up on the list but please don't just sit and wait get started today.  Your family doctor is the one who will refer you to the Halifax Obesity Clinic on Halifax.  this form is great but there is also other help out there for support that is local and meets once a month.  all the best to you and I hope for the best for you
My goals to a healthy me            
honeybee123
on 2/23/12 1:22 am - Pictou County, Canada
Adjustable Gastric Band on 06/23/11
 Hi,
Two things I want to mention right off the bat- get tested for Sleep Apnea- it's common with overweight people, and if your fiancee complains that you snore, make that appt asap.  The sleep is the most precious thing, lol and with two toddlers you're getting less than most anyway.  With Apnea you feel tired allll the time, weight goes up, your body signals you to eat for more energy, but it's a vicious cycle.  Please get tested!  I got a CPAP machine two years ago, it changed my life.  I cannot stress enough how important sleep is for your health and wellbeing.

Second, I went last June and got the slimband.  I was like you, started at 160, and went to 276 lbs at my highest.  I was on the wait list with the province of NS for 7 years, give or take, then they switched to a new system and I was re referred.  When they said last year it was going to be 10 years wait I thought 10 years since my second referral.  I sat down with my hubby, (I have three teenagers) and said, ok, I am 41 years old.  I have spent a TON of money on weight loss suppliments, memberships, patches, pills, diets, books, exercise equipment, clothes, etc.  and am fatter than I ever was.... what is this going to cost me?  I went thru Medicard and they financed it, I pay 338 per month.  This was the best decision I could have made for me..... I am working it, I fall off the wagon sometimes but I can get back on it again... and am down to 212lbs now.  I know it's expensive but it's an investment.  NOW the rotter- June 23, 2011 was banded.  February 22 CALLED in to Halifax for pre op stuff for surgery- apparently the first waiting period counted too......... spent all that money.... could have got it for free...... BUT no guarantees, and I have a year in.  If you ever want to talk please don't hesitate to contact me!!!
Do Unto others, before they do Unto you..........lol

Most Active