weight time

dare2see
on 8/24/12 2:42 pm - Maple Ridge, Canada
I'm living in Vancouver, but thinking moving back home.
i was wondering how long is the wait time, and where do they do the W/L/S ?
Regards
Kelly
nsblue
on 8/24/12 3:34 pm - Brookfield. NS, Canada
Hi Kelly,
Nova Scotia does have a long wait time for surgery... last fall it was at 10 years and I beleive now it is less than that... but still a wait. All is dependant on your co-mobidities. You can read about it on NS capital health site... http://www.cdha.nshealth.ca/obesity-network There you will find downloads on the diets as well as the doctor referral sheet.
The wls offered is the VSG the "sleeve"  the surgeon is Dr Ellsemere.... it is done in Halifax at the Victoria General. once your referral is accepted an invite is sent out for an info session. You are enrolled into NS weight loss program. They will instruct you on the do's n donts etc. then you are left with the info and see what YOU do with it...when you are scheduled for the one on one with the team...the evaluate you to see if you are ready for surgery. if they give the go ahead...you then see the surgeon and surgery is scheduled.

Wendy R.
on 8/26/12 5:55 am - Canada
 I was on the waiting list for 4.5 years by the time they called me for my first session.  By the time I get it done, it'll be five years.  When I asked what the current wait list was, they told me 12 years.  I think it really depends on things such as your weight and health problems etc.  
Nsblue:  You were at my information session and a great inspiration!  Hope you're still doing well. You were very honest and open about everything and it helped confirm my decision to get this surgery.  Thank you!
Most Active