New to the OK forum borad

sheilapinkney
on 4/8/11 12:57 am - Calgary, Canada
Just wanted to introduce myself to the OK forum board.  My name is Sheila and I was born and raised in Lawton.  Lived there until I was 30 then moved to Calgary Alberta Canada in 1996, but I am still and will always be an Okie at heart. 

I will be having the VSG hopefully before the end of the month.  I am on a Short Notice Cancellation list with my surgeon's office and I can be called anytime to come in for my surgery.  I am very excited as I have worked towards this for more than 4 years now. 

I started my pre-surgery diet on November 30, 2010 and I have lost around 40 lbs and around 22 inches since then.  I believe I have gone about as far as I can go weight wise without my surgery as I have been hovering around the 255 mark for quite a while now.  I go a couple pounds below and a couple of pounds above. 

I have told very few people about my surgery as I work in a Neurology clinic for Parkinson's Diease, and there are nurses and doctors all around me that would be trying to talk me out of it.  I didn't want to have anyone elses opinion regarding my decision.  I am doing what is best for me and I am going to let them wonder why I am losing weight.  I have told them I am going to have a Hernia operation because that is true.  I have a Hiatus Hernia that will be repaired while I am in surgery.  I am just omitting the WLS part.  My husband, daughter and best friend knows what I am doing.  I have a very good support group and I am blessed to have found OH for further support. 

It is nice to be around Okies again.  I do miss being there.  I am planning a trip down next spring 2012 to introduce my new body to my family and friends, maybe if there is a get together, I will be able to join in.

Looking forward to meeting you all.

Sheila

Surgery: July 27  Surgery Weight: 245   Current Weight: 137 Total weight lost: 1112lbs
   AT GOAL!  WOOHOO!!!    

leah41
on 4/8/11 5:15 am

Hi Sheila,

Welcome to the Oklahoma forum. Congrats on your soon-to-be surgery. Please let us know how you are doing after surgery!
In Norman, we have a very active support group. If you are ever in the area and would like to join us, please send me a message. I will let you know directions to the support group and dates/times.

Again, congrats on your surgery!
Leah

sheilapinkney
on 4/8/11 5:26 am - Calgary, Canada
Thank you,

Next year when we are around Norman I might try to see if we can come to the support group.

Sheila

Surgery: July 27  Surgery Weight: 245   Current Weight: 137 Total weight lost: 1112lbs
   AT GOAL!  WOOHOO!!!    

Gigi A.
on 4/19/11 12:22 pm - Canute, OK
I'm Gigi from Woodward... I'm going to have surgery on May 3,2011 ... Im so excited.  Good luck on your surgery....
Gigi from Woodward        
sheilapinkney
on 4/19/11 11:39 pm - Calgary, Canada
Thanks Gigi!!!  Good luck with your surgery too. 

Sheila

AT GOAL!  WOOHOO!!!    

leah41
on 4/21/11 11:52 pm
Sheila and Gigi,

If ever in Norman area, please stop by at our support group. Everyone is welcome.

Most Active
Recent Topics