What a great group you all are!

northernlight
on 4/5/11 12:21 pm - Canada
VSG on 05/11/12
Hello All! 

I've been lurking for a few weeks, since I found this forum and I can't tell you how wonderful you all make me feel! This is a pretty scary thing to be contemplating, even though I want it SO much, but you have made it much easier by all of your great posts. Thanks for being so helpful and telling it like it is.

I'm just in the early stages of my journey - I've had my Orientation, met with the nurse, and doctor; I have my meeting with the Social Worker next week and my Nutrition Class in May. This week is lots of blood tests & urine tests, aqbdominal Ultrasound, still waiting for appt for Upper GI. I also have a Pulmonary Function test next week as I have COPD & my last test was two years ago. I have sleep apnea as well, but my sleep doc here in Windsor was unable to find a mask that fits me so he really wants me to have the RNY to see if it might cure my apnea. I'm so nervous because I want this so badly. The endocrinologist I met with did say that, based on my previous tests from my other doctors, he thinks that I am an excellent candidate for bariatric surgery, so that was a real mood-booster!

It was so great to find this forum for Ontario folks and I've seen a few of you on here who, like me, live in Windsor. Once I get the approval that I've been accepted I plan on attending a meeting of the Windsor support group and maybe I will get to meet some of you.

Geez, I'm really sorry - I didn't mean to write a book here - I'm just so excited and I just had to finally post and thank you all for sharing so much wonderful information. I'm so inspired by your personal accounts at how far you've come in your journies.

Deb

Re-DiscoveringMe
on 4/5/11 12:44 pm
Welcome to the board, Deb. There's much to learn here.

northernlight
on 4/5/11 1:01 pm - Canada
VSG on 05/11/12
Thanks so much for the welcome! I seem to learn something new every time I read the latest posts - I'm keeping busy taking lots of notes......

Jennifer D.
on 4/5/11 1:23 pm
Hi Deb
Welcome! Who is your doctor at the centre? I had Dr. Wilson - he is the awesomest! (poor English but accurately conveys my feelings : ) )
Tonight was the Windsor meeting. I have attended a few and they've been very informative. I'll have to put May's on my calendar.
northernlight
on 4/5/11 1:57 pm - Canada
VSG on 05/11/12
Hi Jennifer! 

Thanks for the nice welcome. I saw Dr. Cheung at the centre and he was very nice also. It's funny because his wife, Dr. Catherine Koo, is my family doctor and has been for many years. I laughingly told her to use her influence with Dr. Cheung to get him to approve me for the surgery - LOL!   My sister-in-law sees Dr. Wilson for her diabetes management and just loves him!
Gee, once I get approved, I'll be going to the Windsor meeting too and I'd enjoy meeting you there!

Deb

Cheryl D.
on 4/5/11 2:31 pm - Toronto, Canada
Hi Deb and welcome to the Ontario Forum!

Cheryl  :)

No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up.

northernlight
on 4/5/11 11:03 pm - Canada
VSG on 05/11/12
Hi Cheryl! Thanks for the welcome - I'm so glad that I found this forum! Looking forward to getting to know everyone & getting some good advice.

Deb

Joyce J.
on 4/5/11 10:15 pm - Scarborough, Canada
Hi Deb

Welcome to the forum. This is a great place, with lots of wonderful people who will give good advice, support and encouragement

We have the odd drama on the board, just ignore them, just people venting at times, sometimes scares new people off. Totally harmless

Enjoy your time with us, make sure you ask lots of questions.

Joyce----Today is the first day of the rest of your life

northernlight
on 4/5/11 11:09 pm - Canada
VSG on 05/11/12
Hi Joyce!

I'm so glad that I stopped lurking - thanks for welcoming me here! I belong to a couple of other forums and they also have the occasional drama on their boards as well, so I'm used to it and it will take more than that to scare me off!

Joyce, you may be sorry you told me to ask lots of questions - I already have a lot of things I'd like to know but I don't want to overwhelm everyone so I think I'll just take it slowly for now. Maybe one question per day .........LOL!!!!!

Deb

Joyce J.
on 4/5/11 11:11 pm - Scarborough, Canada
Hi Deb

We do have one girl Kelly who just had surgery, but prior to that she would post "Kelly's question of the day" everyday LOL

Feel free, if we can answer we surely will

Joyce----Today is the first day of the rest of your life

Most Active
Recent Topics