Restaurant recommendations?

Lisa_Toronto
on 4/6/11 1:14 am - Toronto, Canada
My daughter suggested the family all go out to dinner for my upcoming birthday.  I find myself unable to think of a suitable restaurant.  

We live in west-end Toronto, so we have access to just about any type of restaurant.  Pre-surgery, my favourite restaurant was Curry Twist (Indian) right in our neighbourhood.

Other than my crazy diet (I am almost 5 months out), the only restriction is it can't be a seafood restaurant.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

weight loss includes 25 lbs before optifast         
Karen M.
on 4/6/11 1:23 am - Mississauga, Canada
Why not go to Curry Twist then? Tandoori chicken and all the veggies would be an awesome choice.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Joyce J.
on 4/6/11 1:27 am - Scarborough, Canada
Hi there

That's a great idea. You will find that eating out works for almost any restaurant post surgery.
Wherever I go I ask for a take out container when I order my meal and immeadiately put at least half of the food in it to take home
That way you aren't tempted to push the envelope so to speak
Sometimes if I am somewhere I am not going home afterwards and don't want to carry the food I order an appetizer
I love left overs LOL

Joyce----Today is the first day of the rest of your life

Lisa_Toronto
on 4/6/11 1:32 am - Toronto, Canada
I guess as long as I pass on the naan bread and white basmati rice, I would be ok.  Thanks for the advice Karen and Joyce.  yum

Karen M.
on 4/6/11 1:36 am - Mississauga, Canada
I just checked the menu there - OMG! Saffron Chicken Tikka appetizer - yes please!! I'd order that as my meal.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Joyce J.
on 4/6/11 1:38 am - Scarborough, Canada
Karen you are too funny
Lisa, make sure there is a seat for Karen at your table, I think she may show up there LOL

Joyce----Today is the first day of the rest of your life

Lisa_Toronto
on 4/6/11 1:46 am - Toronto, Canada
Sweet!  I'll order 2   ;-)

lbaetz
on 4/6/11 1:48 am - St. Thomas, Canada
I have great luck at Boston Pizza. 

They are touted as add ons .....you can order individual salmon filet, 3 meatballs (big) or chicken breast.  I also ask for a little side of salsa.  They also have a healthy choice with salmon and steamed veggies.

Lori

Marny B.
on 4/6/11 2:59 am - Canada
The first time I ate a full meal out, we had Greek.  I found it easy to eat, and used the hummus as a dip to keep it moist.  My fav. Greek place is Montfort's.  They have large portions, so I find that I can eat from my husband's plate of Soulvaki, and there is tons left for him.  I usually have a few pieces of Soulvaki, some greek salad with feta cheese, and a bite or two of flatbread with the different sauces and dips they serve.  Yummy. 

Have fun at your birthday dinner!

Referral Sent:  March 19, 2010
Surgery date with Dr. Denis Hong: December 9, 2010

Most Active
Recent Topics