SF POPCYCLE QUESTION ON OPTIFAST

Denise77
on 4/11/11 11:14 am - Peterborough, Canada
So it says i am allowed sugar free popcycles on optifast...i bought Del Monte Popcycles (35 cals and 1 gram of sugar) is this allowed????
Not touching till i know
Kelshy
on 4/11/11 11:20 am - Cannifton, Canada
 I think those are a no go. My understanding was sugar free... completely. As well I am looking at the sheet and it says no more than 10 calories a serving for broth so I would assume the same for popsicles. 

My info is from TWH

Chris

Feb 19 2010 Referral to Ottawa         Nov 24 2010 Orientation at TWH
Jan 25 2011 Nurse                               Feb 16 2011 Social Worker
March 10 2011 Psychiatrist                 April 8 2011 Surgeon
Surgery May 9 2011                             Bowel Obstruction/ internal Hernia Feb 13 2013  

Denise77
on 4/11/11 11:28 am - Peterborough, Canada
Thanks Chris....I read sugar free fat free on the box so i grabed it (8 bucks later)
then i got home and it said 1 gram of sugar...bet it is the " natural sugars in the fruit"
hmnmmmm
maybe i should call TWH and find out as well
StevesGal
on 4/11/11 11:27 am - Hamilton, Canada

Chapman's makes sugar free popsicles (I think they call them "ice water treats").  They just seem to be coming into stores right now.  Check the freezer section where the "Skinny Cow" ice cream is.

Beth

Former RNY patient revising to Sleeve then DS.
Appts: Dietitian - January 21/19; July 16/19, August 13/19, September 17/19, October 15/19; Social Worker: August 23/19; DS Orientation: March 20/19; Internist: September 30/19; Surgeon: November 13/19 (signed consent).
Surgery Date: February 28/20.

MY RNY DIDN'T FAIL ME - I FAILED IT.

debralight
on 4/11/11 1:08 pm - Canada
 I've not had the chapman sugar free popsicles so I popped over to the chapman's site to take a look at the information on them. 

http://www.chapmans.ca/nutrition.aspx

One of them is listed as 50ml, 25 calories and 8 grams of carbs. 

A cup  is 250 ml   So that equates to  150 calories a cup. and 40 grams of carbs per cup.

To compare a cup of coke has 100 calories and 27 grams of carbs. A cup of orange juice has 112 calories and 26 grams of carbs. 

I think these sugar free popsicles are a diet food only in that they are portion controlled. Otherwise I'm not liking the look of the stats. 

Oh and if you had these while on optifast the opti-trots likely weren't from the optifast but from the maltitol in these 
Sometimes the best support  you can get isn't all purple puddles and pink rainbows.

StevesGal
on 4/12/11 12:28 am - Hamilton, Canada
I haven't done Optifast yet, I was just passing along the info that many others have said they've used.
Krista Oelke
on 4/11/11 3:07 pm - Burlington, Canada
I got my sugar free popcicles at walmart i think they are the popcicle brand name

laura S.
on 4/11/11 8:54 pm - London, Canada
I wonder if making your own popsicles from Crystal Light would be any good?  You know exactly what's in that... just a thought!

Laura

Andrew Thompson
on 4/11/11 9:00 pm - Canada
For Optifast to be effective you need to limit your calories to under 20 a day.

I froze down crystal light into ice cubes. Very tasty.

Before the surgery I kept putting things off. I was never good enough. One of the benefits of WLS is that you start to believe in yourself. Check out my blog:
All Things CPAP

LouiseF
on 4/12/11 12:33 am
Not sure how many calories- but I did see freez-ee thingys at Valumart- no sugar - both Pres Choice and brand name- not in the freezer- btw. Made with fruit juice.
BMI 36 with co-morbiditites : Hypertension  GERD    HW-240,
Orientation weight 230, SW 213, CW- 162 

Help a great kid.

Migraine sufferer - see my blog for help getting VSG
Most Active
Recent Topics