Mothers Day

sueberman
on 5/3/11 3:07 am
Ok it's on my mind.  For me it's like any holiday. Always about food, but not something we did for the kids like easter.  Since the kids were born, I've always been brought breakfast in bed, they made me what I wanted for lunch and dinner and I was always given some kind of chocolate treat.  This being the first mother's day after surgery, I guess I have to change traditions, cause too my daughter won't be home this year for the first time. 

I'd like to know how this day changed for those of you past your first Mother's Day.

Sue in Courtice
My angel is Ashleighsmom 

ashleighsmom
on 5/3/11 3:18 am
Same here and we always went out to Dinner usually Tuckers Buffet this is my second Mothers day and last year they took me shopping in New York and bought me FAB new handbag for Mothers day I would rather shop than eat any day lol
Jan              2.8 pounds below goal  
sueberman
on 5/3/11 3:29 am
i would too if I were closer to goal, and I've bought enough to last me a while anyway.
Sue in Courtice
My angel is Ashleighsmom 

runjoeyrun16
on 5/3/11 3:38 am
what about trying out some new recipes with the kids? there are TONS of great WLS friendly recipes. there are a bunch of sugar free dessert recipes on the ontario recipes group on here. or eggface's blog. you could go for a walk as a family, or a bike ride. maybe get a pedicure or manicure.
August 20th, 2009 - Referral for WLS from family doctor
May 17th, 2010 - Orientation at Windsor Hospital
May 26th, 2010 - Appointment with nurse and SW
June 1st, 2010 - Appointment with NUT and doctor
August 31st, 2010 - Follow up with SW, NUT and doctor
October 7th, 2010 - Surgical Education Class
November 2nd, 2010 - Consultation with Dr. Jules Foute Nelong
December 21st, 2010 - SURGERY DAY!
Joyce J.
on 5/3/11 4:04 am - Scarborough, Canada
Hi Sue,

You can still have the breakfast in bed and you can get them to make the other meals. You just have to change them up a bit.
I know it's not the same, but you must feel so awesome.
Go for a family walk in the neighbourhood :-)
I'm not a mother so this never affected me LOL
Enjoy every moment whatever you decide to do

Joyce----Today is the first day of the rest of your life

sueberman
on 5/3/11 4:31 am
I think it's cause I'm so big on traditions and both my kids are now in their 20s that life has to change.  I should have mentioned that my hubby isn't in the best of health right now and I don't want him thinking he has to jump out of bed early to make me breakfast.  So, I'll have my usual breakfast and depending on the weather we'll find something new to do and go out for dinner.

But I still wanna know if I'm the only one thinking about these changes?
Sue in Courtice
My angel is Ashleighsmom 

Joyce J.
on 5/3/11 4:40 am - Scarborough, Canada
HI Sue,

Yep, I understand, and you want the traditions to continue for the most part.
I'm sure many are in the same position re: traditions, and look forward to seeing their responses
We used to take my Mom out or order something special in for dinner, whatever she chose.

Like I said before, enjoy the day whatever you decide to do

Joyce----Today is the first day of the rest of your life

twins4meplus1
on 5/3/11 6:22 am - St Thomas, Canada

I usually get a card and gift for Mothers Day from my hubby and the kids. Other then that my twins have their birthday on May 7 (this year they will be 17) so I usually end up cooking dinner for my whole family (13-14 people). They were born the day before Mothers Day and this is the same thing we have been doing ever since. So for me nothing has changed.

Linda

London and Area Support Group Leader
http://www.london-wls-support-group.com/
Come join the Ontario Plastics Patients Board
http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/Ontario_Post_Plastics 
Come join the Ontario WLS Vets Board
http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/Ontario_WLS_Vets/
To get your discounted subscription to OH Magazine
Follow the link below and enter the promo code "Terrio11
http://www.obesityhelp.com/magazine/subscriptions.
html

OH certified WLS Support Group Leader

Most Active
Recent Topics