sushi suggestions?

Lisa_Toronto
on 5/10/11 2:11 am - Toronto, Canada
Hi folks.  I'm going out for su****omorrow at lunch with some work friends and don't really know what I should eat.

Does anyone have any WLS-friendly suggestions?  I'm six months out.

weight loss includes 25 lbs before optifast         
Karlalala
on 5/10/11 3:41 am - London, Canada
Many places now have brown rice sushi now so ask when you get there!  It is a far better option than the white rice and essentially tastes the same!

Sushi is great.  I love it!  I typically get california rolls or any of the standards.  For some people who dump on sugar sushi can be an issue due to the sugar in the rice however if that is a concern just order what you like and eat the insides only!  The beauty about sushi is that it is essentially meat and veggies inside so you really can't go wrong!

Sashimi is another great option if you are skipping the rice!

Karla  - Stayin positive and moving forward!!!

Jody08
on 5/10/11 8:44 am - essex, Canada
 love sushi and kimbap(korean) if i eat the entire piece, i can only eat 2- 3..if i take my chopsticks, i pick all the meat and veg from the middles, so chose one like a salmon or tuna roll or just sashimi
edamame as a side dish, 1/2cup= 10g of protein..yummy

enjoy
started this process back in 2007/2008 denied MGB, denied for Barix, put on hold (BMI was too high for pilot phase)at St.joe's and since moved to Windsor and had to start again, December, 2009 referral sent from GP...April 5 and 8, 2010 1st appt at Windsor clinic with nurse and doc
April 16, 2010 sleep clinic, April 27 echo
May 3,2010 Orientation at Met hospital--,
SURGERY booked Oct.20.2010

Lisa_Toronto
on 5/10/11 10:25 am - Toronto, Canada
thanks girls - great suggestions

weight loss includes 25 lbs before optifast         
balou
on 5/10/11 11:45 am - toronto, Canada
Hi Lisa wanted to say your looking great , I agree with the other post , stick with Sashimi , its all protien no rice also  have some Miso soup , hope that helps

Anna

Most Active
Recent Topics