Keeping myself honest

Joyce J.
on 5/20/11 2:49 am - Scarborough, Canada
Hi all,

Just me checking in. I always know I can count on my friends here to help me keep myself honest
Many of you know me, and know I lost 120 pounds and then the struggle began for me. And it continues LOL
My biggest problem is carbs..........................Grrrrrrrr
Ya think knowing the problem would help me get rid of it, but noooooooooo
Next week I am going to detox from carbs, yep, no bread, rice, pasta, potatos, all that good stuff.
Holy crap, you say quitting smoking is tough LOL, just kidding.

So monday morning I am going to partake in the monday weigh in thread and the what are you eating thread.

I will probably do the 5 day pouch test, although, I always say I don't agree with it cause it is like another "fad" diet to me , but I have to do something
I am a carboholic. I love protein, but just always feel that something has to go with it
Funny, I know how to help others when they come to me with questions, but when it comes to myself I am my own worst enemy and just can't seem to follow my own advice
Coming on here like this keeps me honest.
I feel at times like I have failed, but losing 120 pounds and keeping it off for 5 years is not failure, I realize that.
Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo good luck to me
Have a great long week-end people
Hugs

Joyce----Today is the first day of the rest of your life

Monica M.
on 5/20/11 2:53 am - Penetanguishene, Canada
I think we'll all agree that we've been our own worst enemies for most of our lives, Joyce.

And we are not failures, we are people who are choosing to be in control of our lives. Even if we don't get to goal, we're winners for having come through this process.

You have an awesome weekend!!!!

Bonnie ABC
on 5/20/11 5:05 am - Smiths Falls, Canada
RNY on 09/16/08 with
Much love to you Joyce.  I'm doing the same thing.. well not the 5 day pouch test, I think it's a crock , but all the rest. 

Bonnie

I can do hard things, life is teaching me that I can.
             Lost 222lbs with rny, 20 lbs regain.

Plastics, July 2010 with Dr. Sauceda in Monterrey, Mexico
Joyce J.
on 5/20/11 5:08 am - Scarborough, Canada
HI Bonnie

Yep, I probably won't do the pouch test since I am always so much against it LOL.
I bought tons of protein, chicken, pork, beef, cheese................ I will go with that

Take care

Bonnie ABC
on 5/20/11 5:23 am - Smiths Falls, Canada
RNY on 09/16/08 with
www.obesityhelp.com/forums/rny/4009619/5-Day-Pouch-Test/
There are other 5 day pouch posts I like, but I love the way Jupiter6 answers the question.

Bonnie

I can do hard things, life is teaching me that I can.
             Lost 222lbs with rny, 20 lbs regain.

Plastics, July 2010 with Dr. Sauceda in Monterrey, Mexico
Quinns_mommy
on 5/20/11 5:27 am
Good luck to you Joyce. We are all human, no matter how far along in our journey we are!

My angels are sam1am and Joyce J. :)  
lori havers
on 5/20/11 7:11 am - Canada
Hi Joyce,
I hear what ur saying about carbs...That is the worst for me as well! I'm so proud of u for keeping it off for 5 yrs...that's a major ackomplishment!!! I'm not one to give advice cause I'm still a week away from my journy, but just know we are here for you whenever you need a hug!
 xoxo Lori
(deactivated member)
on 5/20/11 12:41 pm - Toronto, Canada
 If you don't mind me asking, how much weight have you regained?  It isn't clear from your post, but it sounds like you have kept most of it off, so doesn't that make you a weight loss surgery success?!

I'm pre-op and feel very scared when I read posts like this, but I try to balance my fears of failure against the risks of not taking the chance to change my obesity.  One of the things that I believe will be true for me always is that I am a food addict and that my relationship with food will always be distorted.  While I have been in thearpy for YEARS, not much has changed with my food issues - although I am much happier and more self accepting for sure!  But I try and remind myself that even if I can keep half my weight off long term and eat better most of the time, than I'm still ahead of the game.

Thanks for your honesty in posting this.  I like reading posts that show that the tool of wls doesn't cure all our food problems and that obesity is a lifelong issue...even for those with wls who have kept off much of their weight.
Joyce J.
on 5/20/11 1:13 pm - Scarborough, Canada
Hi there

Sorry, I didn't mean to scare anyone. I post something like this every once in awhile because as I said it keeps me honest and I usually stick to things better when I feel I am accountable.
I lost 120 pounds, I gained about 30 pounds back in 2008, but have since lost that.
I got back into bad eating habits and emotional eating when I had some bad things happen in my life. That is why I have not lost all I should have.
I consider myself a success because I lost 120 pounds and have been able to keep it off. I am much healthier, happier, have more self confidence and self esteem.
I need to get more weight off and it is much harder at this point.
As I said this was not meant to scare anyone, but it is reality. It can happen when we don't use the tool we have been given to the best of our ability.
Learn from my mistakes. I have

Have a great week-end.
Feel free to send me a private message if I can answer any other questions

Most Active
Recent Topics