Diagnosed with Diabetes! - What's Next?! Arrggghhh!

northernlight
on 6/12/11 1:42 am - Canada
VSG on 05/11/12
Oh Allie, I couldn't agree with you more! If we were lucky enough to have this surgery in a timely manner - say, six months or so, maybe we wouldn't come down with these different illnesses. Then again, who knows? Like all of us, I do wish that there was a faster route but, then again, I want to know that the doctor who is doing my surgery is well qualified and experienced at this. I sure don't want to be someone's test case or learning tool. If it means waiting longer for someone well versed in WLS, then I'll wait. It sure is frustrating though and it helps to have a sense of humour & a lot of patience......

Deb

sam1am
on 6/12/11 2:20 am
 If there was any doubt about getting approved, I'm sure there is none now.  Sorry to hear about your diagnosis though.  I think that a lot of us were either pre-diabetic, borderline or full fledged diabetic being obese.  Good news is that it's pretty darn cureable with WLS.

I hope you get a date soon, Deb!

Sandy                                           

"The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody  else up"                     

Mark Twain                                                       LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCatAnimation One      

northernlight
on 6/12/11 3:48 am - Canada
VSG on 05/11/12
Thanks for the vote of confidence Sandy!  I agree with you - it's great to see how many of us got rid of so many of our pre-surgery illnesses. I'm hoping that my surgery happens before Christmas, so that I can start 2012 off right!

Deb

OKNEE FE + 3
on 6/12/11 4:46 am
Small joy is that most Type II diabetes is resolved with WLS, so this diagnosis will likely be short lived

Oknee's just gotta dance
Weight at the start of Optifast 378 T-1 OR Weight 352
Broke the 300 pound Barrier 13-Dec-2009 291.2lbs 01-APR-11 "onederland"
HGBA1C 5.2  d/c from the care of  my Endocrinolgist 09-JUL-10 "diabetes resolved"
10-MAR-11 Extreme Sleep Apnea (dx 2007) resolved-"b-bye CPAP won't miss ya"

HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT IRON AND/OR http://theironmaiden.ca/                

northernlight
on 6/12/11 5:24 am - Canada
VSG on 05/11/12
Yep, that's exactly what I'm counting on, Leona!

Deb

Alycia87
on 6/12/11 2:37 pm - London, ON
Sorry to hear about the diabetes, BUT, at least you will be having surgery and it wil get rid of the problem! weight loss is the best solution to that disease!!

Barix Consultation May 26, 2009             OHIP Papers Faxed May 29, 2009
OHIP APPROVAL JULY 14, 2009!!        PATS August 3rd, 2009
Surgery August 13th, 2009

Starting Weight: 278 lbs
Current Weight: 109 lbs           Total loss so far of 169 lbs     BMI 18.7

alyciacrandon.jpg picture by Alycia87

northernlight
on 6/12/11 9:54 pm - Canada
VSG on 05/11/12
Thanks Alycia!   I agree - weight loss is the answer to so many of the nasty illnesses that come our way. Congratulations to you on being a member of the Century Club - what an inspiration you are! 

Deb

Most Active
Recent Topics