Injections

Muddymark
on 6/13/11 5:43 am
Is anyone able to confirm this.... that at Humber after the surgery all patients will need to take self injections for blood thinners.

Quinns_mommy
on 6/13/11 5:46 am
I just had surgery at HRRH last month, and yes, they did prescribe me to take self-injecting blood thinners for 8 days following my release. Not sure if this is true for everyone, but was in my case. :)

My angels are sam1am and Joyce J. :)  
sueberman
on 6/13/11 5:47 am, edited 6/13/11 5:47 am
Yes the nurse did the first one in the hospital and then after showing me how, I did the rest while I was still in the hospital.  I did the remainder at home.  They give you a prescription and it's best to get it in the medical centre pharmacy next door before you go home.  I've heard that not all pharmacies carry the premeasured syringes.

Just make sure you inject close to your belly button or, like me, you may bruise badly.

Sue in Courtice
My angel is Ashleighsmom 

Quinns_mommy
on 6/13/11 6:10 am
I STILL have bruises from those stupid shots a month later! :(

My angels are sam1am and Joyce J. :)  
sueberman
on 6/13/11 6:21 am
6 months later I still have a bruise from the IV in my arm.
Sue in Courtice
My angel is Ashleighsmom 

northernlight
on 6/13/11 6:22 am - Canada
VSG on 05/11/12
That sounds pretty scary to me! Did it hurt to inject yourself?

Deb

Joanne J.
on 6/13/11 11:34 pm - Canada
lol deb dont worry i like when you ask the questions tho..im a lil worried to about injecting myself ive never done that before i might have to hire a nurse like monica (tehe)

joan

Joanne J.
on 6/13/11 7:38 am - Canada
Hi sue, do you know if this is covered under odsp or any other insurance plan? the blood thinners and whats it called/

thanks

sueberman
on 6/13/11 10:24 pm
I have Sun Life and it was covered so it should be covered by odsp also.  The blood thinner is called Heparin.
Sue in Courtice
My angel is Ashleighsmom 

Joanne J.
on 6/13/11 11:28 pm - Canada
Oh thnx sue i will call my drugstore and ask or i can get it close to where i do surgery also

ty joan x

Most Active
Recent Topics