Anyone going to Windsor Support Group meeting tonight?

northernlight
on 7/4/11 10:42 pm - Canada
VSG on 05/11/12
'Mornin' everyone! 

Just wondered if anyone from our forum was also going to the meeting tonight? This will be my first meeting and I'm not really sure what to expect - what usually happens at these meetings? Just curious.......
I sure hope that it's cool in the meeting room as I find it super hot everywhere I go & I'm always sweating buckets so I ususally don't go too many places.

Hoping to see some familiar faces (I think that Dawn will be there, right Dawn?).  I'll also likely be bringing Ribbabit (Elisabeth) with me....

Deb

Diminishing Dawn
on 7/4/11 11:19 pm - Windsor, Canada
Yep Deb, I'll be there   I didn't realize you were from Windsor!

It's air conditioned so it should easily meet your standards.  It's a beautiful building. Turn left at the waterfall :) LOL!

There's usually anywhere from 40 to 100 people at each meeting. During the summer, it should be smaller. 

I do a round robin where everyone says where they are in their journey, then I'll talk about 10 expectations for newbies, then two people that have had surgery will share their story.  Then we break off for "social time" to network and get to know others. 

Please bring a loonie or toonie for the Hospice donation box as well as a supporter if you would like. 

Dawn

17+ years post op RNY. first year blog here or My LongTimer blog. Tummy Tuck Dr. Matic 2014 -Ohip funded panni Windsor WLS support group.message me anytime!
HW:290 LW:139 RW: 167 CW: 139

northernlight
on 7/5/11 12:14 am - Canada
VSG on 05/11/12
Thanks Dawn - I'm looking forward to it!

Deb

Diminishing Dawn
on 7/5/11 12:16 am - Windsor, Canada
Please come up and introduce yourself!!! I love meeting people on the board here and it takes me a while to associate names/faces!

Dawn

17+ years post op RNY. first year blog here or My LongTimer blog. Tummy Tuck Dr. Matic 2014 -Ohip funded panni Windsor WLS support group.message me anytime!
HW:290 LW:139 RW: 167 CW: 139

northernlight
on 7/5/11 12:47 am - Canada
VSG on 05/11/12

I'm looking forward to meeting you since I already feel as though I know you from seeing you on here & reading your blog - I'll be sure to come over to say hello! I actually was going to come to last month's meeting but it was on my birthday so that didn't work so I definitely wanted to make sure that I made it to tonight's meeting. I almost changed my mind when I heard that it was going to be near 90° today, but I decided to take a chance - I'll bring my trusty sweatband just in case I  get too hot, in spite of the A/C!  You'll be able to recognize me as the only person in the room wearing a sweatband and not exercising - LOL!!!!!   

Deb

BubblyD
on 7/5/11 12:48 am
I will see you ladies there tonight.
My angels are Sharon D and Weathers_pc. 
northernlight
on 7/5/11 12:52 am - Canada
VSG on 05/11/12
Lookin' forward to meeting you too, Dawn!

Deb

Manda M.
on 7/5/11 2:29 am
I'm on the fence about going or not
http://pouchgirlrny.blogspot.com  -- My thoughts and experience so far post RNY!!

mypita58
on 7/5/11 2:51 am - Windsor, Canada
 I will be there also. 
Glenda    
Do not pray for an easier life, pray to be stronger.    JFK            
Kim O.
on 7/5/11 4:33 am - Windsor, Canada
I thought about it, but I have a meeting to be trained to work Charity Bingos already. I'll aim for next month
referred:  Jan 2011   rec'd letter from WRH:  June 6, 2011   orientation:  July 14, 2011           SurgEd:  July 5/12     Meet the Surg.  Aug 9/12     Surgery Sept 7/12

Most Active
Recent Topics