I'm Home and on the bench

Carole1974
on 8/26/11 1:47 am - Welland, Canada
Hi I'm now home after a three day stay at St Joes Hamilton the staff there were super awesome and what can I say about Dr Gmora he made me feel comfortable for the whole time he has the best bedside manner and he cares hes very gentle so if you get him for your surgeon you will see :) My surgery went very well he had to remove a hiatus hernia at the same time. Today I have very little pain I only had pain meds for the first day and night and that was it and i still have not taken any so that's a good sign. I want to say thank you to my OH family for your best wishes and caring thoughts and support. Also want to send out a big Thank you to my angel Tanya T for keeping everyone up to date on my progress

St Joes Hamilton Ref Sent 01/20/11 Surgery 08/23/11 with Dr.Gmora. My  Tanya T

A T.
on 8/26/11 1:49 am - Hamilton, Canada
 So glad you are home and feeling better.

One day at a time!!!

Allison
cherry jam m
on 8/26/11 2:35 am - Canada
congratulations! so happy for u. I have recently been refered to hamilton just wanted to ask about the wait times. I am hearing its close to a year.
Carole1974
on 8/26/11 2:39 am - Welland, Canada
Thank you, for me it was about 7 months it was not to bad it went by very fast

St Joes Hamilton Ref Sent 01/20/11 Surgery 08/23/11 with Dr.Gmora. My  Tanya T

sam1am
on 8/26/11 2:55 am
Welcome home and welcome to the bench, Carole!

Sandy                                           

"The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody  else up"                     

Mark Twain                                                       LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCatAnimation One      

Tanya T.
on 8/26/11 3:18 am
Yeah!  Welcome Home Carole!  Glad to hear everything is going so well.  It was my pleasure to report for you!

Tanya

Monica M.
on 8/26/11 3:30 am - Penetanguishene, Canada
That's awesome, Carole. I'll look forward to hearing about all your successes and wows!!!

Susanne S.
on 8/26/11 3:56 am - London, Canada
Glad to hear you are home and wishing you a speedy recovery.

look_out_world
on 8/26/11 3:59 am - Canada
 Welcome home Carole!!!  It's so so nice to be able to sleep in your own bed!!  Please remember to rest as often as you can and allow your body a  chance to heal.  Best of luck with the next upcoming stages of your journey to a whole new life!!!

StevesGal
on 8/26/11 4:26 am - Hamilton, Canada
Congrats and welcome to the bench!  Glad to hear you had an easy time of it at St. Joe's.  I loved my nurses there, too!

Beth

Former RNY patient revising to Sleeve then DS.
Appts: Dietitian - January 21/19; July 16/19, August 13/19, September 17/19, October 15/19; Social Worker: August 23/19; DS Orientation: March 20/19; Internist: September 30/19; Surgeon: November 13/19 (signed consent).
Surgery Date: February 28/20.

MY RNY DIDN'T FAIL ME - I FAILED IT.

Most Active
Recent Topics