Question for Guelph-ers

lovin_life
on 8/26/11 4:48 am - Canada
Hi Everyone!
Hope you all are doing good. I had my surgery on August 18th and I am finally starting to feel normal..lol..I feel pretty good actually..I am down 25lbs and 26 inches which is AMAZING!!..I just have a question for you guys..My dietitian is transitioning me to the full fluids diet a few days early because I am having some issues on the fluids diet..But I just wanted to know if you guys started protein shakes when you started the full fluids diet? Is this the right time to start them? I called the clinic but my dietitian is off today and the one that is working is with a patient. I did email my dietitian but I probably won't hear back from her until Monday..anywhoooo any input would be awesome!
Thanks a bunch!
-Lovin' Life

Referral sent to Guelph: April 2010        Second app (Nut/ Nurse): Jan. 31st/ 11
Orientation: September 16th, 2010        Surgery information class: May 10th/ 11          
Sleep Study: No sleep apnea                 Surgeon (Dr.Reed): July 19th/ 11     
H-pylori: Negative                                   PATTS: August 12th/ 11
(Nut/SW/Nurse): Dec.9th/10                     Surgery: August 18th/ 11                 
JennF
on 8/26/11 4:53 am
I just had my class on the 16th. We talked about protein shakes. They told us no. Only a few people do they ask to drink them. If your having protien issues. They had said, since they've had the baratic clinic there, they have only put 3 people on protein shakes. I would still double check thought, when you nit comes back. Good luck :)
stewartjackie
on 8/26/11 6:46 am - Pickering, Canada
 Hi, the list of foods I have for the full fluids period only include hot cereal, such as oatmeal, orange juice watered down, cream soup diluted with milk (they told me this the protein we get during this period) apple sauce (SF), SF pudding, tomato or v8 joice and fat free yogurt,  the yougurt fiving protein as well. I spoke with the dietician this week just to ask about protein.
Hope that helps.
Jackie

Susanne S.
on 8/26/11 11:51 am - London, Canada
I've been following the diet they have outlined. I started the full fluids 2 days early myself. For my evening snack I've been having the Astro SF & FF yogurt and I mixed about 60ml of it with 60ml of Greek yogurt which has a lot of protein in it. It's a way to get a little more protein in.

Most Active
Recent Topics