Nerves

Connie W.
on 8/26/11 9:58 am - Canada
As my surgery day draws closer (Sept 6th)  I am getting a little nervous.  I am thinking ...am I doing the right thing?  Will it work?  Will I fail?  etc...etc...etc....I know it is just jitters I guess...or negative self talk which I have been guilty of most of my life.  Has anyone gone through this?  Or anyone who is presurgery thinking the same thing? 
Surgery on September 6th, 2011 Dr Hong,  St Joe's Hamilton My angel  is "Bogie"

smiley_k
on 8/26/11 10:10 am
 Hi Connie,

From my understanding and readings on this forum, if you aren't thinking about these things you are one of the minority. These thoughts are totally normal and I remember days on Optifast were I thought this was going to be the best thing ever and days when I thought that this was going to be the worst thing ever. For me, I got through those days thinking rationally, why am I doing this? Why is it a better alternative than other options? What am I gaining and is it worth what I'm loosing? Why I thought about it like this, I found I had a lot more checks in my positive column than my negative column of is this surgery for me. Also, it helps that if you have a good support system to talk through your emotions with them. Sometimes you might become even more confused, but I think in the end you will figure out what's best for you!

I hope that helps and all the best!

Katie  ♥     

Tanya T.
on 8/26/11 12:40 pm
Allison T on the forum is also having surgery in Hamilton on the 6th of Sept. You will be fine the reality is setting in now even more than before.

Tanya

ericaFG
on 8/26/11 12:44 pm - Cambridge, Canada
We call that negative self-talk "stinkin' thinkin'!"  Stop it!!

Good to be concerned about following the rules post-surgery - it isn't easy and it's good that you recognize that.  But tell yourself - "this will be hard, but I can do it!"  and "This time, I really am going to get thin and be healthy!".

Good luck on the 6th!
Proud Member of the Cambridge Crew!    
HW293/LW147/CW158   Height 5'9"  Working on Maintenance!
Fleur de lis TT and Brachioplasty - Oct. 19, 2010 Breast reduction and scar revision August 2, 2011

Connie W.
on 8/26/11 12:53 pm - Canada
Thanks everyone........I am just having a crazy day I guess...very emotional etc..Thanks for the support
Surgery on September 6th, 2011 Dr Hong,  St Joe's Hamilton My angel  is "Bogie"

StevesGal
on 8/26/11 1:55 pm - Hamilton, Canada
Optifast Crazies, I tell ya!

You need to switch that negative mindtalk to positive.  You WILL succeed.  It WILL work.  Most obese people that I know have always head negative mindtalk.  You just need to redirect those vibes to something positive.  Just think of all the great clothes you'll be able to buy --- FROM ANY STORE IN THE MALL!!

You can do it!!

Beth

Former RNY patient revising to Sleeve then DS.
Appts: Dietitian - January 21/19; July 16/19, August 13/19, September 17/19, October 15/19; Social Worker: August 23/19; DS Orientation: March 20/19; Internist: September 30/19; Surgeon: November 13/19 (signed consent).
Surgery Date: February 28/20.

MY RNY DIDN'T FAIL ME - I FAILED IT.

A T.
on 8/27/11 12:51 am - Hamilton, Canada
 Hey

We will be walking the halls together,, sip sip walk walk, toot 

Hopefully we are in the same room.

Allison
Most Active
Recent Topics