One week post-op update

Carole1974
on 8/30/11 2:01 am - Welland, Canada
Well it's been one week today that I had my surgery. Ive lost a total of 21 lbs so far. I'm still having trouble drinking the 8 cups a  day but trying my hardest to work up to it, but it also don't help that I ended up getting a chest cold :(  The pain is almost non existent but to begin with it was really never an issue for me. I already had 2 bm (i know tmi) but happy to know it's working. I find at the moment that my energy gets low pretty fast after doing a little activity (I hope this is normal). Let me tell ya it feels good to be on the bench in stead of  under it lol
Have a great day

St Joes Hamilton Ref Sent 01/20/11 Surgery 08/23/11 with Dr.Gmora. My  Tanya T

sueberman
on 8/30/11 2:18 am
I couldn't get in all the water either, just do the best you can.  And yes even though I was so hyped to get going, I found I got tired fast the first couple of weeks and it was xmas time too so I was probably doing too much.  So walking and sipping and you'll do great.

Cheers
Sue in Courtice
My angel is Ashleighsmom 

Muddymark
on 8/30/11 2:22 am
I would like to know some things:
1)  what is a normal day for 1 week post op?
2)  how much resting are you doing each day?
3)  how difficult is it to sleep?

And congrats, it sounds like you are doing well.

lovin_life
on 8/30/11 2:43 am - Canada
I am almost 2 weeks post op.. but I thought I would answer your question..
1) A normal day at 1 week post op for me: Wake up at 6am have some diluted apple juice, walk around my apartment for about 10 mins to get the gas moving. Rest for about 2 hours (constantly sipping water). At 8 am I would have s/f jello and diluted cranberry juice for breakfast (it would take about an hour and a half to eat). Then I would walk again for 10-15 mins. Rest again (sipping water). At 11am I would have more apple juice and then walk again. Rest. 2pm I would have lunch which would be broth and juice. Walk again. I would usually nap from about 3pm-5pm. Then I would get up ,walk, take a shower. Then have some more juice. Rest. Then at 6:30 I would have dinner which was broth and juice. Then for the rest of the night i would walk 3-4 more times, constantly sip water, pop gas X (lol) and rest. I also alternated the juice with crystal lite.
2) I would rest as much as I could but I found my back would get really stiff if I sat or layed down too long.
3) Sleeping at 1 week post op was not hard for me. I tossed and turned a bit, had REALLY crazy dreams and I could only sleep on my right side or back..but it wasn't too bad.

i hope this helps you out abit! All the best!

Referral sent to Guelph: April 2010        Second app (Nut/ Nurse): Jan. 31st/ 11
Orientation: September 16th, 2010        Surgery information class: May 10th/ 11          
Sleep Study: No sleep apnea                 Surgeon (Dr.Reed): July 19th/ 11     
H-pylori: Negative                                   PATTS: August 12th/ 11
(Nut/SW/Nurse): Dec.9th/10                     Surgery: August 18th/ 11                 
TBIYTC
on 8/30/11 2:22 am - Ontario, Canada
VSG on 02/29/12
21 pounds - great progress Carole.  Regarding the other things - it will all improve with time.  Keep up the great work!!

TBIYTC-The Best Is Yet To Come Referral-Mar 2011   Surgery Feb 29th, 2012

Connie W.
on 8/30/11 3:14 am - Canada
So great to hear that you are doing well Carole!!
Surgery on September 6th, 2011 Dr Hong,  St Joe's Hamilton My angel  is "Bogie"

Heidi S.
on 8/30/11 3:42 am - Sault Ste. Marie, Canada
You go Girl .. you're doing great ... all the best on your journey

heidi

Sometimes you just put one foot in front of the other, even if you don't know where you're going. 

Surgery Aug. 29, 2012 with the Wonderful Dr. Aarts at TEGH

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Derek C.
on 8/30/11 4:21 am - North Bay , Canada
Yipee - Great for you - im one week post op as well - i didnt have any pain after i left the hospital wit the exception of going from flat out lying down to sitting up - im walking at least three times per day although my dog kinda slows me down - i too forget the water as it seems like im always eating or sipping a shake

Congrats on your efforts so far and keep it going

Surgery Date - AUGUST 22, 2011 - Ran first 5KM Race - Oct 14, 2012 (28 min)  - Currently maintaining a healthy 190 lbs and training for my first half marathon in the summer of 2013

Typoqueen
on 8/30/11 4:34 am
Carole that is great!!
I am two weeks out and have to work at getting my water in. That is the hardest for me.

Best of luck,
Keep us posted :)

Kelly

Tanya T.
on 8/30/11 12:27 pm
That's awesome Carole you are doing such a great job.  Hope the cold goes away soon.  I too am still working the water thing so your not alone.

Tanya

Most Active
Recent Topics