B12 Sublinguals - Strips vs Tablets?

northernlight
on 9/25/11 2:16 am - Canada
VSG on 05/11/12
I'm planning to buy my B12 vitamins this week & I've decided to go with the sublinguals that dissolve in your mouth. I've noticed that they come as both strips you place on your tongue and as pills that you put under your tongue. Anyone gone this route and which did you choose? Is one pretty much the same as the other? Is there a taste to these as they are dissolving? Thanks for any input you can share with me......

Deb

(deactivated member)
on 9/25/11 2:25 am - Canada
I bought the pills that go under the tongue. They don't dissolve as quickly as I thought they would - I've had other sublingual meds that dissolve right away. I'm thinking of switching to the strips.
Monica M.
on 9/25/11 2:27 am, edited 9/25/11 2:27 am - Penetanguishene, Canada
i used the strips. Ok taste, kind of minty. dissolved quickly.

oh and i've got a couple of packages, if you want i can mail them to you, i'm on injections now.

northernlight
on 9/25/11 8:47 am - Canada
VSG on 05/11/12
Thanks for your replies ladies - it's much appreciated! I think that I'll likely go with the strips. Thanks for your nice offer Monica - I've sent you an email.  :/)

Deb

Monica M.
on 9/25/11 11:39 am - Penetanguishene, Canada
kewl!

laura S.
on 9/25/11 2:41 am - London, Canada
I bought both, but have only tried the pills so far.  They take a while to melt which surprised me, but they taste good - cherry I think they are.  I've heard the strips are minty and pretty intense, but ok tasting.

Gwen Boldick
on 9/25/11 3:19 am - Canada
i did the strips when i first come home from the hospital...but didnt like the taste of them so when i was able to take the pills and swallow them ....then i switched over.....
Mariann M.
on 9/25/11 3:37 am - Washago , Canada
I tried the strips but found it was easier and cheaper to go to injections 
sueberman
on 9/25/11 7:49 am
I like mint so I use the strips, they dissolve fast and for me, easier to do time wise.
Sue in Courtice
My angel is Ashleighsmom 

OKNEE FE + 3
on 9/25/11 1:13 pm
Although Jameison Strips disolve under your tongue they are not unbound "sub-lingual" B12.  You can use the tabs which don't disolve as quickly or get some drops from your local health food store.  You just put a couple of dropps under your tongue

Oknee's just gotta dance
Weight at the start of Optifast 378 T-1 OR Weight 352
Broke the 300 pound Barrier 13-Dec-2009 291.2lbs 01-APR-11 "onederland"
HGBA1C 5.2  d/c from the care of  my Endocrinolgist 09-JUL-10 "diabetes resolved"
10-MAR-11 Extreme Sleep Apnea (dx 2007) resolved-"b-bye CPAP won't miss ya"

HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT IRON AND/OR http://theironmaiden.ca/                

Most Active
Recent Topics