To puke.. or not to puke...

laura S.
on 10/4/11 12:19 am - London, Canada
I really wish Chucky would make up his mind whether or not he’s feeling like a nice little pouch or a psychotic axe murderer in there!!!! All I’m asking for is some consistency damn it! LOL  It is making me nuts. One day I have eggs and don’t have a problem. The next week I try them again and I’m in pain.. Had fish last week without any issues. Had it again last night and threw up so violently I actually burst some small blood vessels around my eyes and nose… what the hell? It was from the same box.. I chewed lots – enough so that the tiny half piece I ate seemed to last forever when I threw it up anyway!  (Less than 1/2 and ounce by the way...) Is it always going to be a crap shoot, or will I get this figured out in time? There are things I can eat that I never have issues with (Thank the Lord!  LOL), but other things I just never know how I’m going to react. Should I keep testing the waters and trying, or just give up eggs, fish, bread, pasta, cereal, ground chicken, etc. for life?

Don't get me wrong - I absolutely love my RNY, and I know that right now I'm in prime time for the scar tissue inside to be a problem and hopefully things will look better in a few weeks when it is all stretched out and back to normal-ish, but I just don't know whether to push the envelope or cross any foods I've had problems with off my list permanently? 

Any input appreciated!

Laura

(deactivated member)
on 10/4/11 12:33 am - Canada
I'm finding it's a crap shoot.  I can eat certain foods no problem [pork, beef, ground meats, and so far all veggies and berries]...thank goodness, at least with those I can plan meals.

Other foods I'll try now only on weekends - I dont want to be at work dealing with foamies and pain!

There are some foods I may never try again like chicken, eggs, tuna.  Just the thought of them now makes me want to heave.
Leslie W.
on 10/4/11 4:35 am - Cobourg, Canada
Hi Simona,
It's nice to see your picture again!

Referral: August 2010 Orientation TWH: May 25, 2011  NP: June 8/11, f/u sleep clinic June 7, abd u/s June 14, SW: June 28/11  Nutrition Class: July 5/11, Dietician Aug 09, Psychologist Aug 25 Surgeon Sept 16th Surgery Date: Oct 11/11 HW:287, Opti wt: 260 SW: 242
My Angel is Sheri TK   
Monica M.
on 10/4/11 12:42 am - Penetanguishene, Canada
if i were you, i'd put those trouble foods out to pasture for a bit, and just eat what you absolutely know you CAN eat. try them again in a couple of weeks or a month?

Karen M.
on 10/4/11 1:01 am - Mississauga, Canada
I think most of us have experienced the same thing, Laura.  What works one day sometimes doesn't work the next, especially early out.  It's pretty much trial and error (and "error" isn't much fun, I know).  Keep plugging away and trying things is all you can do.  Myself, I had to give up eggs for almost 4 years. LOL

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Megan M.
on 10/4/11 1:35 am - Canada
I know the pain you're talking about - I've thrown up 3 times, and each time has been quite unpleasant.  Good luck figuring it out.

Had RNY surgery July 22/11, St. Joe's Hamilton, with the awesome Dr. Scott Gmora.  Had abdominoplasty August 2/13, Scarborough, with equally awesome Dr. Michael Kreidstein.

wondering
on 10/4/11 2:07 am - Canada
It gets better.  Not completely - I still have problems and never seem to know when it's going to happen, but it does get much better.  You'll figure it out.
L.

Jennifer D.
on 10/4/11 2:18 am
After several years with my RNY, I intuitively knew what I could chance and when. There were foods that I only tried a handful of times in 8 years including pasta and ground beef.
sueberman
on 10/4/11 2:26 am
I was the same with eggs at the beginning - I could eat the yolk soft but the white had to be very well cooked.  I'd have something this week and be fine with it and try it again next week and it would make me sick, literally.  I remember back then having this conversation and there were others who experienced the same as me - made me feel better.  So you know, I haven't been sick, although felt like it a few times when I ate to fast, since about 4 months out.  Things will settle down, just be patient.

Cheers
Sue in Courtice
My angel is Ashleighsmom 

Sirene
on 10/4/11 2:58 am - Ottawa, Canada
Hey Laura,
I will have my surgery later this month so am absolutely no help to you whatsoever.....but I was looking at your stats and WOW!!!!! You had surgery in August and have already lost over 110lbs?????

I wouldnt worry too much about eggs and fish since you are obviously doing something right!!

Congrats on your progress so far!

Jennifer  

Most Active
Recent Topics