Ottawa Centre Post-op Appointments

C. McMillan
on 11/18/11 4:59 am - Ottawa, Canada
When going through the OTTAWA Clinic :
When an how do we find out about our post-op appointments?
What appointments do we actually have?

Surgery:02-Dec-11 Highest: 344.6lbs  Pre-Optifast: 329lbs  Surgery: 311.6lbs  Current: 221lbs  Goal: 200lbs  

TraceyM45
on 11/18/11 5:23 am
They give you your first appointment when you leave the hospital which is about a week after with the APN (dietician if she is available).  When you finish this appointment you book the next one for 4-6 weeks later and get boodwork done.  That's where i am.

Sirene
on 11/18/11 8:46 am - Ottawa, Canada
^ what she said.... ;)

Aspen actually comes to see you in the hospital and chats with you; how are you, do you have what you need at home like vitamins and protein powders...etc. She will give you an appointent with her for about a week later and then you book your next appt while you're there, and as Tracey aid, she gives you a req for bloodwork.

I have my next appt on Dec 2 and cant WAIT to be cleared to go back to the gym!!

Jennifer  

C. McMillan
on 11/18/11 11:34 am - Ottawa, Canada
 Does she come in over in over the weekend?

Surgery:02-Dec-11 Highest: 344.6lbs  Pre-Optifast: 329lbs  Surgery: 311.6lbs  Current: 221lbs  Goal: 200lbs  

mona8
on 11/18/11 11:58 am - Kingston, Canada
 wow Carol, you went through the process very quickly...good luck on your surgery!!
Jonathin
on 11/19/11 9:34 pm - Ottawa, Canada
^^

Ditto to exactly what the lovely Sirene said.
happypants
on 11/18/11 10:57 pm - Ottawa, Canada
Carol I had my surgery on a Friday and no one came to see me. Oh wait yes an intern that assisted my operation did. Dr Berg, a yummy young man that looked like he could be my son checked up on me twice.

The dietitian did not show up nor did the nurse practitioner not even Dr Mamazza. he couldn't take time out of this weekend to show his face. So with any luck your surgery will be during regular business hours.

Do I sound bitter?? somewhat, but I'm over it I think lol

Best wishes on your surgery and  all the best in your new life

Ann

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.

Surgery July 22, 2011  Starting weight 270  128 lbs lost  Today's weight 142 lbs                 Ann       

Most Active
Recent Topics