Is it normal???

HaroldC
on 1/5/12 8:35 pm - Canada
Another paranoid question.....

I am on day 4 of puree food and doing great. No issues, everything stays down and I have not had a problem with a variety of food....I am happy so far.

I am eating very slowly, putting down my utensils and chewing chewing chewing.

No drinking 30 minutes before and 30 minuted after my meals.

However at TWH they said meals should take 60-90 minutes and for me it is only taking 25-45 minutes. Given that everything is either mashed, soaked or pureed is this normal time or do i need to find a way to slow down.

Thanking you in advance for your thoughts.
Harold

SW 291  GW 199.9 CW 180 Surgery: TWH Dr. Penner Dec 20 2011
Celebrating life and opportunities for new beginings!!!

(deactivated member)
on 1/5/12 8:47 pm - Bumfuknowhere, Canada
Pureed never took me longer than 20 to 30 minutes to eat.  There is no chewing involved and they go down very smoothly.  Is their 60 mins to 90 mins for pureed or solids perhaps?  Even with solids, we were told not to spend more than 30 mins eating or it was considered grazing.
Monica M.
on 1/5/12 9:16 pm - Penetanguishene, Canada
Harold, i think you and i are twins, separated at birth.

Same thing here, at that stage. i thought i was eating too fast. But, in retrospect, i cant see how i could have eaten any slower. I think you're doing fine, as long as you're not feeling any discomfort.

HaroldC
on 1/5/12 10:09 pm - Canada
Monica, thanks for all your help the last few weeks.
If we were separated at birth maybe I will have the same exceptional results as you have.

Hope you have  a great weekend!
Harold

Monica M.
on 1/5/12 10:36 pm - Penetanguishene, Canada
well, at least i hope your boobs get smaller like mine did!! lol Have a great one, Harold!

HaroldC
on 1/6/12 12:34 am - Canada
So far my man boobs has dimished to man bumps:)

Monica M.
on 1/6/12 12:47 am - Penetanguishene, Canada
i hope mine dont diminish that much...

ashleighsmom
on 1/6/12 1:01 am
LOl Monica you should see mine now lol I have to roll them up and put them in a padded bra
Jan              2.8 pounds below goal  
Karen W.
on 1/5/12 9:19 pm - Canada
I think we're all different as far as this is concerned.  Pureed food took me very little time to eat.  Solids took longer at first (at leat 60 min) but now I rarely take that long for a meal... and no discomfort yet.  As long as you have no pain, discomfort or food sticks, you're doing fine.

RNY April 11, 2011       

Leanne1
on 1/5/12 10:47 pm - Newmarket, Canada
I went thru TWH too ... It only took me about half an hr to eat at that stage too. Just be mindful of when the next stage comes, it may take you a little longer because the foods are more solid and you won't want them to get stuck, it can hurt like a b!t*h.

My rule, still to this day (16months out), if it's still on my plate at 60mins, in the garbage it goes!
Most Active
Recent Topics