Nervous for Tomorrow

sam1am
on 1/8/12 12:46 am, edited 1/8/12 12:52 am
Harold,

Do the people at work know about your surgery? If so, I'm sure they'll be thrilled for you on your success. No one at my work knew, as I was off for a week "on vacation". No one even noticed until I had lost about 40-50 lbs, which I found a surprise being "only'', lol, 100 lbs over a normal bmi. Also, people are much more self centred than we often expect and don't really notice. On the other hand once the comments start, it can be downright uncomfortable. As kind as people can be I just said, thanks I feel great and walked away.

Good luck!

edited for spelling

Sandy                                           

"The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody  else up"                     

Mark Twain                                                       LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCatAnimation One      

charolli
on 1/8/12 1:47 am - Canada
Harold...walk in with your head held high....whether your colleagues are aware of your surgery or not just tell everyone you feel great if they make any comments. I went back to work last wednesday ( I took 6 weeks off and needed it....was in signifant pain for 3 weeks and then got a cold/cough after which i thought would bust open my incisions). Most of my colleagues and staff knew i had the surgery and those that didn't have probably guessed by now....i have had so many huggs and kisses with everyone saying how great i looked and questions about how i feel. I just tell them i am feeling wonderful and for those close to me i share more info...like that i am off all my diabetes meds and BP meds are cut by 3/4. I too was concerned about my energy level...but made sure i had my meals and high protein snacks ready to go. Wishing you all the best!

RW 272; OW 248; preopW234.5, CW 168
Referral August 2010, Ort May 25, 2011, Surgeon consult Sept 9, 2011, Surgery Nov 21, 2011

stewartjackie
on 1/8/12 2:46 am - Pickering, Canada
Good for you! While the energy is iffy, the weight loss helps you move better if that makes sense. And as someone else said, just bask in the glow.
If you have told them what the surgery was for, they will likely congratulate you, and if you haven't, just tell them you lost weight due to surgery and you will keep it up. I have told so many people but one person I told it was a magic thing, food and exercise and they believed it. (well it is that along with the tool) LOL

HaroldC
on 1/8/12 6:00 am - Canada
Thank you everybody!!!

I really appreciate all your words of  kindness and support.

You are ALL very special people!

SW 291  GW 199.9 CW 180 Surgery: TWH Dr. Penner Dec 20 2011
Celebrating life and opportunities for new beginings!!!

Most Active
Recent Topics