Nervous for Tomorrow

HaroldC
on 1/7/12 10:20 pm - Canada
Tomorrow is day one back to work post op and I am nervous!

My surgery was Dec 20th and everything has gone perfect. I feel like I have followed and done everything I am supposed to do...I am ready for the big bad world.

I have enjoyed the last 3 weeks being surrounded by my family and enjoying some great uninterrupted family time. I completely disconnected form the office and the kids were off school.

I am nervous how people will react to seeing me tomorrow, I have dropped approx 40 pounds but look completely different. I am worried about coping with Les energy. I will prepare all my meals so that is covered.

I think I have a bunch of butterflies in my stomach but I know it will be great.

Anyways just wanted to share my thoughts/feelings as tomorrow is a big day In my new life.

Have a great week.
Harold

SW 291  GW 199.9 CW 180 Surgery: TWH Dr. Penner Dec 20 2011
Celebrating life and opportunities for new beginings!!!

look_out_world
on 1/7/12 10:28 pm - Canada
 Harold, be prepared to bask in the glow.  You're going to be totally fine!  Walk in there with your head held high, and feel REALLY good about yourself!!! You've been brave enough to take the steps needed for you to have a healthier longer life with your family.
Don't let anyone tell you differently!
You're amazing!!!  Have fun tomorrow, your family will be so happy to see you come home tomorrow night.

HaroldC
on 1/7/12 10:57 pm - Canada
Thanks!

SW 291  GW 199.9 CW 180 Surgery: TWH Dr. Penner Dec 20 2011
Celebrating life and opportunities for new beginings!!!

HossStyle
on 1/7/12 11:18 pm - Canada
RNY on 01/16/12
Good luck tomorrow Harold,

Your idea to follow the rules has obviously paid off and the results are already showing with a 40lb weight loss.  Congrats.  Like the last 3 weeks I'll bet tomorrow is a breeze.  You've taken steps to improve your life and I'm sure people will respect that. 

BTW your butterflies will be a lot smaler than 3 weeks ago. : )

Jan 27 2011 added to registry, Orientation June 23,2011, Nurse Practitioner July 20,2011,Sleep Clinic July 27, 2011, August ?? sleep clinic follow up, Social Worker Aug. 25 2011,Nutrition Class  Oct. 12, 2011, Nutritionist Oct 19, 2011, Psycologist Oct. 31, 2011.  Met Dr late nov. 2011,  Surgery Jan 16, 2011   
aprilbennett1965
on 1/7/12 11:20 pm - Canada
Harold, even tho there is less of you to luv, I am sure with this new found life there is MORE to you to luv...so stop worrying. They will luv ya now as they did then. 

Have a GREAT first day back!
Surgery ---December 23 with Dr. Yelle!

happypants
on 1/7/12 11:28 pm - Ottawa, Canada
Harold you are going to knock it out of the park tomorrow....The feeling of people saying "wow you look fantastic" will make those butterflies vanish in a real hurry. Thing will be just fine tomorrow :)

There is something to be said about work though. Its an amazing distraction. It will take your mind off of all those things that have been preoccupying your thoughts for the last three weeks.

Happy first day back tomorrow!!

Ann

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.

Surgery July 22, 2011  Starting weight 270  128 lbs lost  Today's weight 142 lbs                 Ann       

chammer71
on 1/7/12 11:31 pm - St. Catharines , Canada
You'll do great!

Don't be nervous about looking different, be proud! You made a ton af sacrifices and put in a lot of work to get where you are, and you did it during a time of the year when it is very difficult with all the parties and excess food floating around. You put in the effort, enjoy it!

I understand it is hard to leave the family time, I am enjoying it myself, but I just try to think of all the extra years I am going to be here with them because I am doing this.

Best of Luck at work!

HW: 355.0   SW: 327.0  CW: 260.1  Surgeon: Dr. Gmora, St. Joseph's Hamilton      Surgery Date: December 28, 2011
Brenda T.
on 1/7/12 11:40 pm - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 05/14/12
All the best tomorrow.

Brenda             Visit my profile for timelines                         My  is Monica M.

Monica M.
on 1/7/12 11:58 pm - Penetanguishene, Canada
Nervous is a good thing. Just make sure you get your food ready before you go, plan out your menu, plan when you'll be able to get your meals/snacks/water in.

You'll be fine! You'll have to get used to people making comments about your weight loss. That will continue for a looonnnnnng time!

I'll be thinking about you, Harold!

Moselle
on 1/8/12 12:30 am - Athens, Canada
Not sure what you did or didn't tell your colleagues at work about your time off but you may want to have a response ready to account for all the weight-loss if you didn't tell them about your wl surgery. I remember the butterflies on my 1st day back a year ago and it truly didn't turn out to be that bad. I had been dieting before surgery so most people just thought it was working and that then they hadn't seen me for a month so it appeared more dramatic.

Get used to everyone asking what your doing to lose the weight and comment on how good you look. You are obviously doing awesome - smile and enjoy the fruits of your wl labours. Remember to take time for yourself during the day, take a walk at lunch, they managed without you while you were off, don't overdo it, or let them overwhelm you with work.

All the best for a great 1st day back to work. Let us know how you make out.  Muriel
Most Active
Recent Topics