Help

HaroldC
on 1/9/12 6:56 am - Canada
I think I am having my first experience with dumping. Serious pain and discomfort.
Lost of back pain and feeling nauseous....plus a bit of sweats.

I ate filet of sole, peas and sweet popato for dinner, but rushed through it....is this dumping syndrome and how long does it last?

SW 291  GW 199.9 CW 180 Surgery: TWH Dr. Penner Dec 20 2011
Celebrating life and opportunities for new beginings!!!

TNTL
on 1/9/12 7:28 am - ottawa, Canada
 Sorry...wish I could help you out.   I have been lucky (touch wood) and have yet to experience dumping syndrome.    The symptoms you describe however sound very similar to those listed in the book that was provided to me.    I know that they recommend resting when you are experiencing the symtoms.
Hope it doesn't last long for you.

Tammy

charolli
on 1/9/12 7:35 am - Canada
Harold,
I get pain and discomfort and nausea every time i try meat, chicken, fish (not cooked in some type of sauce) and  bread. I am 7 weeks postop and i think it is just too early for dense foods yet. Maybe it is the same for you.

RW 272; OW 248; preopW234.5, CW 168
Referral August 2010, Ort May 25, 2011, Surgeon consult Sept 9, 2011, Surgery Nov 21, 2011

Monica M.
on 1/9/12 8:27 am - Penetanguishene, Canada
Harold, are you having any pain down your left arm, or up into your neck. I dont want to panic you, but the symptoms you're describing also fit a heart attack. Please let me know what's going on with you.

HaroldC
on 1/9/12 8:35 am - Canada
Thanks Monica !

I am feeling better now after a h shower and thawing up twice.

Definitely a result of eating too fast, lesson was deftly learned.

I did check my BP and heart rate 90 over 63 and HR 70 during the worst of it so I was sure it wasn't a heart attack. The sever cramping scared me cause it made me think heart attack.

After praying to the porcelain god I do feel much better and wiser for the experience. Good to know they did actually do the surgery

Thanks for your caring and support

Harold

Monica M.
on 1/9/12 8:38 am - Penetanguishene, Canada
Thank you, Harold, for letting me know you're ok. Us being twins and all, i was concerned. lol. at least you know that they did mix things up inside.

HaroldC
on 1/9/12 8:41 am - Canada
I hear ya sister. Very scary to go through it.
Have you ever had dumping or thawing up since your RNY?

Monica M.
on 1/9/12 8:51 am - Penetanguishene, Canada
yes, dumping, i ate a small bag of cashews while i was on the road. I was stuck in traffic and didnt have any snacks with me. I had stopped at a gas station, and they were the only thing, even remotely wls friendly in the store. i ate them, likely too fast, and needed to pull over at the next gas station, sweaty and.... well, i didnt throw up, they took the other route out.

no throwing up, but nausea, eating chicken too fast that wasnt very moist at all, i wish i could have thrown it up , but i coudlnt. I hate throwing up.

HaroldC
on 1/9/12 8:29 am - Canada
Thanks for the comforting word. I am starting to feel better now after some server cramping and thawing u. Scarey experience but a definite reminder to eat slow and nt to pu**** to fast. Tomorrow is my 3 week RNY anniversary and I was beginning to wonder if this was too good to be true.

All good now, but lesson learned!
Thanks,
Harold

JennR
on 1/9/12 10:26 am
Wow, glad you are okay but what I can't get over is that at 3 weeks you are eating like that. At St Joes at 3 weeks we are still on fluids. It is craziness how different the sites are.

Most Active
Recent Topics