OMG 1st DAY OF OPTIFAST...GOOD LORD

Heregoesnothing66
on 2/13/12 10:12 am - Canada
RNY on 02/23/12
My poor bladder is on overload...who pees this much??????

So I had the vanilla, mixed it with raspberry crystal light...bearable.  I had the chocolate,...much better. 

Coffee, tea, water, water, water, broth and jello......and now headache.

Well this is going to be one wild ride...hanging on tight.

Leanne1
on 2/13/12 10:35 am - Newmarket, Canada
I mixed my vanilla with orange tangerine crystal lite, tasted like a creamcicle and also 2tsp of cocoa, tasted like the chocolate optifast
Susan B.
on 2/13/12 10:40 am - Canada
RNY on 02/17/12
I am on week 3 and believe it or not the vanilla does eventually taste ok.  What I found is adding a bit of vanilla extract seems to make it taste less chemical.  I tried the crystal lite but it was just a mix of weird chemical and colour.  In the beginning I did pee continually it did ease up but I still get up in the night to pee.  THis is from the person who never once got up to pee in the night with 2 pregnancies.

Take it one day at a time and before you know it you will be looking forward to the fluid diet after surgery!!

Cheers!

From Orientation at TWH to Surgical date~6 months 

justlori
on 2/13/12 10:52 am - Winnipeg, Canada
VSG on 02/21/12
I'm on day 7 of 14 days of Optifast.  I thought the same thing last week...what the heck happened to my bladder of steel?? It's gotten somewhat better but not much.  My hunger pains have pretty much subsided but now the severe head-hunger is setting in and I'm seriously lacking energy.

If you like ice-cappucinos, try adding 3-5 ice cubes and some instant coffee in the blender with the chocolate optifast.  It's fantastic. 

It is not the mountain we conquer, but ourselves. Edmund Hillary
HW 282  CW 229  Height 5'9"  NUT Goal: 195-199  My Goal: 175

denise_norman
on 2/13/12 11:30 am - Canada
RNY on 02/29/12
Well it does get better. I am on day 6 and I found that if I just put a couple of icecubes in my shaker and made it really cold it wasn't really that bad. But chocolate is wayyyy better.

Referal: March 2011                   Orientation: TWH July 21,20
11           Nurse Practitioner:Sept. 6,2011
Sleep Clinic Test: Sept. 11,2011 Sleep Clinic Result:
Sept. 27, 2011   Social Worker: Oct.. 19, 2011   
Nutrition Class: Nov.1,2011        Diabetis Assessment: Nov. 01, 2011  Dietitian: Dec. 02, 2011 
Psychologist: Dec. 06, 2011       Surgeon Meeting: Jan. 21, 2012        RYN Surgery Date: Feb. 29, 2012

flyingwoman
on 2/13/12 12:31 pm
The headache will likely stick around for a couple of days. The more water you can get in, the better...

also... is your coffee / tea decaf / herbal?
Linda G.
on 2/13/12 9:37 pm - Canada
I'm really enjoying your posts.....I am waiting for my surgery date and will be starting opti any day now.  Your posts are really helpful and the advice is so good.  Keep us posted on your opti days.
I ordered more vanilla than chocolate thinking that I could add more flavors to the choc.  Hmmm maybe not a good decision.  Thanks
Linda
Toronto

referral-July 28, 2011, orientation-September 8, nurse pract-September 13, social worker-September 22, nutrition class-November 1, surgeon appt-November 4,  psych-Jan 11, Catscan-Jan 12, NUT-Jan 20, Endoscopy-Jan 28, Surgeon meeting- Feb 10, Surgery-March 23  Dr. Grantcharov    
MrsJButler
on 2/13/12 10:24 pm - Canada
my fav Optifast drink was Vanilla with 250ml Black Tim Horton's Decaf coffee in the magic bullet. I would still drink that everyday if I had Opti left. Loved it. I also went to Starbucks and bought some SF syrup to add a bit of mix to it sometimes. Good Luck, head down and power though haha.
avivaps
on 2/14/12 5:47 am
RNY on 02/28/12

Just started my two weeks today as well.  Tolerable but the thought of 4 a day for 14 days is a little frightening...shaky and slight headache too...oh yeah...and the bladder thing....soooo annoying.

Enjoy the ride :)

Andrea.

Heregoesnothing66
on 2/14/12 6:07 am - Canada
RNY on 02/23/12
Hi all,

Dont want to be a Debby Downer, but I feel like crap.  Head is pounding.  Eye is twitching for the second day.  I sure hope this gets better.  This is not fun.

Most Active
Recent Topics