start tomarrow

Rachel O.
on 2/13/12 8:25 pm - Hamilton, Canada
RNY on 03/02/12
Well tomorrow i start my beloved Opti fast. I was actually looking forward to it as I know it's the final step in my process but on Friday I had lost my father in law.  Which in a way is a good thing.

You see her had dementia and was living in a nursing home. He could not remember anything longer then 2 min ago. He would not even remember me sometimes, depending on the day. So we see this as a blessing. Now the sad part is my 2 sister in laws are fighting back and forth about what to do. It's driving me nuts as my husband is getting caught in the middle.

On top of all that we have my mother in law  living with us. It's actually going really good. She at this point really does not care what they do she just wants it to stop. She is going through lung cancer and starting radiation on Thursday. She already has a ton on her plate to deal with.

So for me starting Opti tomorrow is going to be hard.  I know what I have to do and I am willing to do it.. I need to do this for ME.  It's not going to be easy , that I know on a regular day but with adding everything it's going to be extra hard.
Dianadcr
on 2/13/12 8:52 pm - Canada
Rachel, I'm really sorry to hear about your father-in-law's passing. With all the stuff swirling around you, maybe optifast will be a good thing for you. It's going to be your time, a new day. Look at it as a positive and it'll make it easier to get through this week. Hang strong!
  Diana

Gabygee
on 2/13/12 9:44 pm - Canada
Ahhh families.

We can't choose them, but we can choose how we deal with them.

You are no longer going to be a victim.
You are no no longer going to have stuff happen to you.

After you have gone through this process, you will have transformed your life, and YOU are going to make things happen.
This is the beginning.

Enjoy the ride!

Brenda T.
on 2/14/12 12:25 am - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 05/14/12
Sorry for the loss in your family. And I'm sorry that your sister in laws are making it worst.
This is a new chapter for you, stay strong and you deserve your time.

Brenda             Visit my profile for timelines                         My  is Monica M.

the44plan
on 2/14/12 12:57 am - Lake Huron
RNY on 07/13/12
All the best on your journey!  Remember, you need to look out for number one and the rest of it will follow in place.  You CAN do it!!
Referral: Oct 2011   Surgery Date: HRRH July 13th (Friday) 2012        
Tammie

aprilflowers
on 2/14/12 2:13 am - Canada
RNY on 01/06/12
I too started optifast on a rough road. I lost my father after a long, painful and horrific battle with cancer a few months before I started optifast, and I started through the holidays (the first Christmas without somoene who was your world is impossible enough). I was already under immense stress, most of my friendships ended, I had already taken leave from work for the funeral. Basically my mind and emotions were already all over the place. But I did it, and it made me stronger.

The clinic suggests keeping track of your moods before and after surgery. So I highly recommend you do that. It can be as basic and simple as a smiley or happy face on a calendar, to writing what you were angry/sad/stressed about in a little notebook. That way after surgery you can reflect back and see "ok this is a new mood/thought I've been having since sugery" or "this is typical for me when I PMS, on weeends, etc" You'll be able to identify quicker what thoughts are results the changes post op and what is normal for you.

I wish you all the best.

JJ_
on 2/14/12 5:05 am
OMG what a trying time.  Ummm, wouldn`t your mother-in-law be the one to decide things?  Why would the sister-in-laws have so much say?  Is it because it is them that are paying for things?

Oh boy.

All the best with Optifast.  The good news about being on Optifast is that you have an easy decision at each meal. 

Keep strong.  You will survive.

Judy
Susan B.
on 2/14/12 1:52 pm - Canada
RNY on 02/17/12
All the best with the optifast-just take it one shake at a time, get yourself some gum and carry water with you everywhere you go.(or any of the other calorie free drinks) If you sip it helps with the hunger,  I was hungry the worst the first week-then it did get better.  I have the pleasure of 3 weeks of optifast.  I grew to love the chocolate but the vanilla is not my friend-I have found my fav way to have the vanilla is with a bit of vanilla extract-it actually makes it taste like vanilla.

All the best-have strength and determination!!

From Orientation at TWH to Surgical date~6 months 

Most Active
Recent Topics