First time poster

girlgonewild123
on 2/17/12 3:13 am - Ottawa, Canada
Hi Folks, I have checked out this site but never posted.

I mett my surgeon the other day at the Ottawa Hospital.  It is Dr. Raiche.  I was surprised as I didn't know they had a third surgeon.  I was expecting Mamazza.

Has anyone had her?  How was the experience. ?

I have a hear test nest week and then I am good to go.  Am excited but terrified!!!!!!!
JJ_
on 2/17/12 3:55 am
Welcome to the OH Ontario Forum.

I met with Dr. Yelle and he ended up being my surgeon too.  Since you have already signed the surgical consent form, it probably like the one I signed which listed all three surgeons as a potential one that could do the surgery.  It really depends on who is scheduled that day in the OR.

I am sure others will come and answer your questions about Dr. Raiche.

Good luck on your heart test next week.

Judy
girlgonewild123
on 2/17/12 9:28 am - Ottawa, Canada
 Thanks!
StaceyP_Kingston
on 2/17/12 5:11 am - Canada
Hello

I had Dr Raiche, she looks like she is about 16 yrs old, LOL. However she was a very good surgeon and was good at explaining things. i also felt that she really listened to me .

I liked her and my surgery literally could not have gone better.

Thanks
StaceyP
BrigitteD
on 2/17/12 5:27 am - Sumerstown, Canada
Welcom to the site!  It s full of very smart people and loving people.  Wishing you lots of luck!

Highs weigh   241                                      Referal: November, 2010
Before opti     231                                      Surgery date: May 10, 2012
After opti        220                                           

girlgonewild123
on 2/17/12 9:27 am - Ottawa, Canada
 Thanks for the reassurance.  I am sure she is only 10 years younger than I am but I was really surprised....especially because I didn't know there was a third surgeon.
CdnGal
on 2/17/12 11:16 am - Canada
 I had Dr. Yelle, but Dr. Reiche looked in on me.  She looks very young and is a very serious young woman.  She is lovely once you get past her reserved demeanor.  She was very thorough and meticulous about everything concerning myself and the woman who shared my room.  She reminds me of a student who would be very serious about her work. In fact, I doubt that she gets out much because she is so focused in what she does.  I overheard some of the nurses ask her if she would be going out over the weekend, and she said no, b/c she wanted to catch up on some medical reading.  You won't have any problems with her, she has studied from the best and has done numerous surgeries with Dr. Yelle and has trained with him for over a year before she did her first surgery in her own. I think that you are in excellent hands!

Adelle B.
on 2/17/12 12:01 pm - Petawawa, Canada
RNY on 02/08/12
I also had Dr. Raiche. My surgery was Feb 8th and the whole experience was very very positive, the Dr's and Nurses in the OR were so happy and comforting that I was not nervous. The aftercare Nurses were some of the best Nurses I have had. I had a couple of little struggles post-op but they were very thorough and efficent while caring. Dr. Raiche checked on me several times and while she is serious I felt she was very competent and professional and I appreciated it.

Most Active
Recent Topics