Ottawa psychologist?

Susan_T
on 2/21/12 1:34 am - Ottawa, Canada
Hi,

I'm wondering if anyone can recommend a psychologist in the Ottawa area that has experience working with obesity and WLS... or someone that is just really good overall?

My insurance will only cover an actual psychologist.... but if there is other counseling/therapy available I may be able to budget for that.

Right now it feels like a shot in the dark. I appreciate any and all feedback - here or private message.

Thanks!
Karen W.
on 2/21/12 1:40 am - Canada
Are you looking for someone who does a particular type of therapy?  Cognitive-behavioural?  Transactional analysis?  Addictions (re: food addiction)? Maybe someone who works with mindfulness (I know someone who's great for that)?

Remember that your benefits may cover a social worker if they are supervised by a clinical psychologist; you might want to check into that.

Let me know whether or not you're looking for something specific, and I'll post some names if I can.

RNY April 11, 2011       

Monica M.
on 2/21/12 2:28 am - Penetanguishene, Canada
somebody who does cognitive behavioural therapy would likely be your best bet.

Does your employer have an EAP? (employee assistance program). Sometimes you can get some good counselling (usually short term) through something like that.

Susan_T
on 2/21/12 4:14 am, edited 3/1/12 10:44 am - Ottawa, Canada
Thanks for your posts. I think cognitive behavioral therapy might be best - though I'd never heard of transactional analysis before and that sounds interesting and like it may also be helpful. I would try it.

thanks again..

Susan

aprilflowers
on 2/21/12 5:48 am - Canada
RNY on 01/06/12
Susan_T
on 2/21/12 5:57 am - Ottawa, Canada
Perfect! Thank you!!
Most Active
Recent Topics